1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are New Ducati’s Still Objects Of Desire

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Italianstallion, Sep 7, 2018.

1. making mechanics out of bikers since....
    if only they could turn it back around to, mechanics designing and making bikes....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I see nothing in Ducati's new line up that would make me rush out and buy something of theirs

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. The sound of an L twin gives me the horn though.

4. Think I may be PEX'ing my 1299S for an R1M soon.

Reason: I want to do track days and this bikes too damned loud.

#84 bootsam, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. The sound of a girl fanny farting whilst i'm busy behind her gives me the horn too, doesn't mean I want to sleep with everyone of them.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. My 1199 abs with bits bolted on !!!
    Was parked up in parliament Sq at this years TT
    Next to the Ducati Speciale press bike (Pb)editor riding it.
    It sounded amazing the exhaust was beautiful. The paint was pretty, but that alloy spar is gash !
    Would I buy 1 yea when they reach 15k if they do ???
    But till then .......

D90C5849-04A7-4710-B11B-3B1D83DD74A5.jpeg

BBBAE54E-EB2D-4887-9021-060FB5E956E8.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. That number plate holder is awful. Looks like a unicorn

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. No worries you can borrow my saw:D images.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Let's just praise the Lord that they are still in business and manufacturing for us consumers:thinkingface::upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Who, Makita? :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I think he meant Lord Adonis. Or Jacob Rees-Smaug. Yeah, Jacob Ree-Smaug meant Lord Adonis.

Why do you ask?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ha ha ha ha chicken tikka

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I’ve only just got my 1299 but the theatre of riding a Ducati is still evident just as it was when I had my 1098 and Streetfighter.
    Ducati’s make you feel special when you ride them. I’ve had many other sports bikes but nothing makes me smile as much as a Ducati.
    All in my opinion of course.

• Like Like x 3
  15. When I think of 'objects of desire' in relation to Ducati, the last ones, are the first 1199SL, and the Desmond. Of course the 1098R is still stunning to look at as well.

For me though, the 1299/959 isn't as pretty, and the V4's less so again. I think there is an argument in the bikes going like cars and having to look similar because EURO restrictions will surely be making shapes and radius's more regulated for safety, and there are so many places you can put an exhaust!

I had a 899 and it's a heap better than my 848 tbh, but.... my 848 is just built more like it was built to go to a track and the standard Evo model had magnesium headlight mounts, and cylinder head covers and just generally feel that it was built with higher standard parts, even if it wasn't 'engineered' to such a high standard.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I found a new Ducati desirable enough to lure me away from jap bikes for the first time in nearly 40 years of riding. That answers the question for me.

17. Agreed

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  18. images.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Maybe not "Rush out" but the 1299 FE is still available new, according to the website. I like the new Scrambler and some Diavels. But rush out? :thinkingface: ....................... No.

20. Its in the eye of the beholder really, isn't it? I still don't (personally ) agree the 748/916 was the most beautiful. I can appreciate the engineering, but not find them aesthetically pleasing. I think there are some lovely touches on the 1199.. Rear light cluster. I like the front fairing and lights. Hate the mirrors. Like the tail unit differences on the 1299. Prefer the 1199 base wheels. Like the copper and wine colours on a Ducati Elite. Love the Monza, simple frame, engine like a sewing machine (terrifying drum brakes!).

But the V4 should have been an improvement aesthetically as well as technologically. I think it falls down there. Looks like a GTA 1199.

And for you purists out there my 999 (Gloss Black Exige) is still one of the nicest bikes they ever made...:punch::punch:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information