1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Are Seat Covers Worth A Try Or Is It Better Just To Replace The Seat?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Ben10, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Hi all. I'm finding the stock seat is pretty firm for riding further than an hour or so.
    I've seen a handful of seat 'covers' on ebay which are certainly cheap. Are they worth it? Presumably they slip on over the existing seat.
    ie the one attached looks nice for the price, but can't find much info on it.

I saw the earlier post on Zero Gravity, which sounded like a great seat, but they don't appear to be in business anymore.

Interested in any recommendations. Maybe an aftermarket seat is the better spend.. s-l1600.jpg

2. I reckon I’ve done about 400k miles on sports bikes down the years, the stock 848 seat is the worst by a long way. Not only is it really thin the shape is wrong, I was constantly pushing my myself back to get my weight in the right place.

I bought the super pole seat as the front is contoured upwards near the tank. It’s still really firm, but it’s much thicker so more comfy for me. It makes the seat taller but I’m okay with that.

Personally, if it’s an issue for you then buy a new seat. Might cost £100+ when you find one, but you can always sell it and get most of your money back. You can’t resell a seat cover once you use it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I had my 1198 seat repacked with foam and covered in alacant leather it's very comfy now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IMO, the only comfy seat for 848,1098,1198 is the superpole seat. Despite being firm it is rather oddly the comfiest. I tried sargent, getting my repadded by mate whos an upholsterer etc etc. Nothing worked to solve monkey butt over distance. Then I got a superpole. I dont know why, maybe its the profile I just dont know but its just comfy. Ive toured alps and france with them, no issues. Previously it hurt by calais. I cannot recommend them enough and wish they did similar for 1299.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Another vote for the Superpole seat here... Made a huge difference to my 1198 when I fitted. Much more enjoyable riding without slipping and sliding around like is experienced with the standard seat.

As said above, they are very firm but somehow very comfortable too :)

I have a a standard seat, DP Race seat and DP comfort seat for the panigale too and would quite happily confirm the Superpole beats all 3 hands down in my opinion...

Like @bootsam says, I too wish there was an equivalent for the Panigale.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. cheers folks. that's a good recommendation. I've done some looking around on ebay and the suchlike - seems that this model is out of stock in most places. I'll keep hunting though. ta.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Got mine off E/bay really good price in the UK good Price.

b136cd59bdf1810bcca2a4314c480abe.jpg

8. Seem to see a lot of bikes in houses these days. Makes me a bit jealous. When I was married there’s no way the mrs would have let me. Now I’m divorced I can’t afford a house. But I can still afford a bike so it could be worse!

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information