1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are These Brembo Discs Knackered..

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by fewtrees, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Just done a Euro trip and found a whole heap of free play on one of the discs, much more than I expected..

Are they knackered as they’ve done less than 5k miles and the disc itself is hardly worn!

2. That is indeed a lot of play. I'd definitely call that excessive. Replacement would be the wise choice, me thinks.

3. It's the aluminium carrier that's worn. But Brembo won't sell you just the carrier.

4. That is a lot.

5. Yup. General consensus is it's knackered.. Now to find a new set for honest money or a quality alternative..

6. Just checked mine and theres virtually no play(very little) Im just over 5k

7. Get a luvly set of HPK's

8. Yep, that's a lot imo. o_O

9. They is fecked bloke :upyeah:

10. Have you tried contacting Brembo? If the mileage is indeed correct, that's a defective product. Have they been raced?

11. I would contact brembo but I don't have receipts/emails for them - they're probably the simplest part on the bike and shouldn't fail like that so I didn't think I needed to keep the receipt/emails.. It's never raced but I'm heavy on the brakes but Brembo Series Oro haven't failed me in the past..

12. I had the same problem, tried Brembo....blah blah blah...steel bobbins wear the aluminium carrier no repair you have to replace, I never used Brembo discs again.

13. What did you use instead? And was the performance the same?

14. My discs were found to be warped at the last service and went with EBC discs and pads instead of Brembo...They feel at least as good as the originals if not better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Went EBC after I left my disc lock on and went for a very short ride. Just as good as the oem brembo.

16. And on the other hand, I've never had any problems with Brembo and warped plenty of EBC discs. Brembo for me every time.

17. Were they Series Oro discs or HPK?

18. Never used Oro as far as I know. Always either Brembo OE or race discs. I don't think I ever wore out a set of Brembo OE discs even after 8000 miles or so.
    Really surprised at the state of yours. Maybe those Oro's are somehow worse which would be surprising.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information