1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are We About To Say 'goodbye' To Ducati, Aprilia, Mv ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Rivercop, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Ohm, with great reluctance I feel the need to relay that there is no need for that negativity, we need to switch to positive in this field to avoid polarity. With one wave our beloved regulator will be along with his magnetic personalities and say Guilty as charged and he has the capacity to generate a short thread.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. you could of CONDENSERd that but I doubt you have the CAPACITOR. it seems we are POLES apart when it comes brexit. if I didn't know any better I would say you are attempting to WINDINGS me up. nay luck, there will be no blowing of FUSES here. maybe in an
    ALTERNATING universe. anyhoo, off topic a but is the rumour true brexiteers are all a bit AC/DC?

3. If we are to genuinely get back on topic, electric bikes and loosing petrol bikes is unlikely to effect most of us.

I'm veggin in the flat, windows open due to the sunny day and every now and again a nice clean crisp bike exhaust can be heard, electric bikes will kill that. Going to Brands to listen to...nothing ,is likely to kill motorcycle racing. I remember being at Brands when Foggy was there as well as 120,000 of us, I can't see that happening with electric series, look at series E vs f1.

There in lies the trouble for manufacturers where racing promotes the brand in so many ways. Even adventure bikes, would ewan and charlies the long way round ever have happened ? I doubt it could now with electrics.

Electric scooters for city use maybe a good thing but beyond that, I suspect many bike manufacturers away from the big 4 (Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha), I can see some going under and others coming together under one roof because the buzz you get from current bikes is unlikely to be fully replicated by something you can plus into a wall. As to the big 4, dunno

4. Back in the day when diesel cars were few and far between it was buttons for a gallon compared to the price of petrol but as more users switched the cost escalated until the price even exceeded petrol. In the same way a switch to electric would not take long to see the price of that energy soaring as tax is lumped on to compensate for the lack of gas guzzlers. Only now you will have the joy of paying that on your domestic supply as well.
    OK and here's another thing. Picture the scene after MotoGP LeMans (other gp's are available) last year when thousands of bikes are leaving the venue to travel all over Europe. If you didn't have the fore-site to fuel up before the match it was a real pain in the armpit. With leccy bikes foresite is not going to help because the range is so short. I see thousands of bikes fueling up at a minumum of 20 minutes each. Better get a tent and a kerry oot .

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Good point. At present, the cost to users of buying energy in the form of electricity from the grid is roughly the same as buying it as petrol. But the retail price of petrol or diesel includes a massive proportion of tax & duty, whereas the electricity supply includes only a low rate of tax. If you strip out the taxation element, energy is much cheaper as petrol than as electricity today.

If (hypothetically) the demand for petrol was much reduced, and that for electricity was greatly increased, how do you think price levels in the energy market would develop?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Based on currant abuses by the electric companies, I doubt they would go down.

The other worry is loss of revenue, at £1.14 a litre of petrol you pay to the government 57.95 pence per litre fuel duty plus 20% vat. given how much diesel and petrol is used and provides the treasury with income, how are they going to replace that hefty sum

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Show me the wind farm or tidal barrage or waverider generators, that even combuned, produce anywhere near a fraction of the power of that society today requires.

The first thing we should all be looking at is reducing the number of personal vehicles in the roads to start with. Cheap, regular and almost certainly subsidised, mass public transportation is what's required wherever possible.

8. We should start by reducing the number of people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. On here.... I agree.

10. Personally, I believe rooftop solar is definitely the way to go, at least for single family houses and business/factory owners. We ourselves have a solar installation at one of our factories in Bombay. The problem is most people, including my family, are not interested in investing too much in this, even though there are definitely returns to be had. Our current installation is only 24kw capacity, I would like to see that go up at least 6 fold in the near future.

11. Personally, I believe rooftop solar is definitely the way to go, at least for single family houses and business/factory owners. We ourselves have a solar installation at one of our factories in Bombay. The problem is most people, including my family, are not interested in investing too much in this, even though there are definitely returns to be had. Our current installation is only 24kw capacity, I would like to see that go up at least 6 fold in the near future. Tesla is actually doing a fantastic job in this space, by having solar installations at it's charging stations and also with their new solar tiles, which will definitely increase the uptake of solar energy by households.

As said before, Local production = increased efficiency in the way of decreased transmission loss.

12. Just put a tanker on back of bike & run on bio no need for toilets any more. Job done.

13. Given most people drive a 5 seater car with only 1 person in it most of the time, why not insist everyone must ride a m/bike unless they can prove a multiple occupancy need

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes mein fuhrer. I will start routing the exhaust gasses into the shed... oh wait... the truck's now electric :joy:

15. So ordinary working class folk cannot be allowed to have their own personal vehicles so they can go where, when and how they choose, enjoying their ownership, independence and freedom. No, that must be reduced, and they must be forced into pre-determined closely supervised mass public transportation systems. What's your real name, @Samurai , Stalin?

16. It's autonomous cars that are the biggest threat. Insurance companies won't take too kindly to customers wanting to pilot their own vehicles amongst a city full of autonomous ones.

17. <Me...me......me pick me...please....i'll do it...

> ''What will you do''

<''I'll press the buttons''

>''BUTTONS''

< ''Yeah... the buttons to start the nuclear warhead process''

18. If this is the case, it reflects the inability of our dimwit politicians to have any sort of cohesive plan or strategy in place that supports the development of this country in terms of industry, infrastructure and quality of life for its citizens.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Forgive me, where exactly the I say that personal vehicles should not be allowed? Only that their use should be reduced where possible by giving a viable and cheap alternative.

Of course, in rural areas such as where I live, that isn't necessarily going to be practical, which is why I never proposed precluding individuals from having the right to own personal transport, only that they be encouraged not to use it when a cheap, practical and convenient alternative might be made available.

I don't see why you need to stoop to cheap insults when you obviously haven't read the post correctly?

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information