1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Arkrapovic Silencers

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Cyberwookie, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Hello,

I'm after a pair of Arkrapovic silencers for my 1098 as it's a bit too loud for me and my neighbours, so any suggestions as to where I could buy them from would be appreciated.

Cheers
    CyberWookie

2. What exhaust system do you currently have fitted ? Andy

3. Do you mean the baffles for the Akrapovic silencers? :thinkingface:

Option 2 - Tell your neighbours to mind their own business. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hi, apologies for the lack of response but I’ve been away. It looks to be an Akrapovič evo exhaust. Sorry if I’m using the wrong terminology but the bike is very loud and I believe to have no baffles/silencers as they may have been taken out to make the bike LOUDER So I was hoping to see of anyone knew where to buy a replacement set?

Any advice is appreciated or if I’ve been too vague please let me know what specific information that I need to provide.

Thanks

5. I’m pretty sure that the Akrapovic Evo would be an after market addition and you might find a pair of db killers on the evil bay or you could just look for a decent second hand pair of OE 1098 end cans. Not sure about 848 end cans fitting but I’m sure someone will chime in with the right info. Andy

6. Thanks for the quick response Andy

Cheers

7. Have a photo of the cans you currently have? I have a set of standard 1198 cans which I think are the same as 1098 ones, also have a set of Zards on it at the moment which are nice and not too loud :upyeah:

If you have the cans i'm thinking of then we may be able to sort some sort of exchange out?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi Ben,

Thank you for the offer of the swap but I think I’ll look out for a pair of dB killers. Hopefully I’ll buy the right ones first time.

Cheers

9. Search the net for some DB killers mate. You have an excellent set of exhaust fitted to your bike I have the Termi slash cut which are just as loud but I prefer the Akra.
    My neighbours love the sound of my bike as I can often see their mouths moving as the bike is running and my lip reading is a bit rusty but I am sure they are telling me it sounds great :D

• Like Like x 3
  10. @Thelord or there saying "wish he'd turn that bloody bike off ! :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. They even wave using two fingers as I ride off ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Evening, bought a set of new baffles from performance parts the other day. So now all good. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information