1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arquebus - Rip My Friend :(

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Mar 27, 2022.

1. I’m sorry to have to tell you all that our old friend Al (aka @Arquebus) passed away at the end of January this year.

I, among many other forum members, knew he had been ill for some time and we’d also noted he’d not been on the forum for a while. I’d wanted to try and make contact for some time but was afraid of the reply I might get back.

Well this afternoon I received the reply to my email that I didn’t want from his wife Glynis. :(

Al was a valued and knowledgeable member of the Ducati forum and I for one will miss him and his friendship. And although I’d never met him face to face we used to email/message each fairly regularly as he knew people I knew (and vice versa) from our work days and we’d reminisce about people and stories we both knew.

This forum was important to him on many levels. I will miss him, his humour, his knowledge and his friendship. I’m sure there are lots of you that feel the same :(

I’m sure that everyone would like to pass their condolences to Al’s wife Glynis who has lost, not only a husband but a friend and soulmate.

Tonight I’ll be raising a glass to you Al. RIP my friend :(

• Love You Love You x 13
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Sad news to hear.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. :worried:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. :sob::sob:

You know Al I will treasure the memory of our first meeting :heart: when you were hiding around the corner at the SS meet saying you were too scared to meet me :D and then I borrowed the SS I was pillion on and you took care of me out there on the ride out :heart_eyes:
    See you on the other side wherever that maybe
    Thinking of you and your family Al
    Rest easy darling lots of love

#4 Ducbird, Mar 27, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Sorry to hear this. I didn't know Al but acknowledge that he was an established, liked and respected member of this forum. RIP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. I remember his thread informing us all. It was hard reading.

You will be in my thoughts, rest easy my friend and thoughts to your family xxxx

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. If you are reading this Glynis i am sorry for your loss, RIP Al

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. Oh dear, sincere condolences to his family. I met him a few times, had some good proper banter, he was a funny little fella (in a good way). Sure he’ll be scraping his arse on tarmac in proper sidecar style in whatever afterlife he makes it to. RIP.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. With an excellent contribution over the years from the above member, please make room for me at the bar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Sad news indeed.

Arquebus was both well known and well liked. A real fountain of knowledge of Ducati's, though he seemed to know alot about all kinds of bikes too- I remember him posting several times about a Guzzi Le Mans and of course the side cars.

We never met in person but swopped a few messages about his treatment/ illness. If any of his family especially Glynis are reading this thread, I am very sorry to read of your sad loss.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Sad news indeed and a great loss. Andy

• Love You Love You x 1
  12. This is sad news. I remember reading his post telling us he was ill (but not wanting sympathy)
    R.I.P Al. I never met you but wish I had.

• Love You Love You x 1
  13. Sad news. RIP.

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. Sad news, RIP dude.

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. Very sad to hear this.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. I remember his thread... :pensive:
    RIP Arquebus

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Sad news indeed, rest in peace Alan and my deepest sympathies to his wife.

• Love You Love You x 1
  18. RIP Al, and condolences to all his family.

Stuart

• Love You Love You x 1
  19. Sad news, very sorry to read about this. From his posts he always seemed like a good man.

Ride that bike in the sky.

• Love You Love You x 1
  20. Meet you on the long ride!

RIP

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information