1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arquebus Update

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Jan 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm sure that many of you realise that AL/Arquebus has not been on the forum for a while now. A number of reasons for that but the main one being that he was subject to some trolling at the time, which wasn't deserved and to compound that he's not been very well of late.

Anyway, like many on here I like AL a lot and have a lot of time for him. He was very insightful on many occasions and spotted some issues that either I'd not seen or hadn't realised the seriousness of (some of you will know what I am talking about here and apologies for those that don't, but I'm not at liberty to expand on that).

I have been in fairly regular contact over the past few weeks and months and though things did seem a tad desperate over Xmas things seem to and hopefully have improved though it's still not perfect.

I've tried to entice him back to the fold and I've just received this..........

"As I said, I doubt if I will come back , although I will be happy to see any of ‘my mates’ if we ever meet up at any time. It isn’t because I changed to Harley and has a lot to do with illness and the drugs I am on (they make me very irritable a lot of the time).

Do me a favour please and relay the message on the forum for me and apologise if I upset anyone……however, just point out what I said about Brexit before anyone else did – it won’t happen.

I hope I will meet you one day if you are ever in Suffick again."

So there you have it. AL is still around. If you know him and are close by then go and see him. If you have his contact details get in touch with him.

I think that's the least we can do for our "friends".

• Like Like x 16
    • Thanks Thanks x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Al came to a few Essex DOCGB meets and we chatted a bit. Nice bloke, wish him well for me please even though he got a harley.
    Cheers Keith

3. Never met but really appreciate his help when I was rebuilding my garage. Top guy. Send him my regards and best wishes.

Really don't get the need for all this trolling bollocks.....

4. He was really helpful when I first got my bike and happily offered advice (to a total stranger). Pleas send him my best wishes

5. I had noticed he wasn't around but didn't realise why, he will be missed, a very knowledgable and helpful bloke.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Cheers for that El Tel.Send him all the best.

7. Shame there are a few arseholes out there who seem to take pleasure in targeting others for no good reason, if you don't agree with another's point of view then put up a reasoned and structured argument but be prepared to accept that everyone may not agree with "your" point of view.
    Wish Al all the best and hope things work out for him. This place can only survive and grow if we all show a bit of respect for each other.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Do pass on my regards, and also let him know that I'm starting to believe he was right all along : unamused:

9. Yeah I hope Al comes back for sure

I'm getting sort of lonely given that Al was about the only other guy on here who loved his Guzzis

As I'm up here in the land of Jock I'd appreciate if anybody does see him to pass on my regards and best wishes and should he ever venture north to let me know his plans

John

• Like Like x 2
  10. Good to hear you are getting better Al :):upyeah:

11. From an outsider (i don't and never will post in the speakers corner) is all this coming from/starting in Speakers corner and spreading across many more sections of the forum, seems this kind of action has happened to a few other members, if its all from peoples different opinions them maybe cancel speakers corner if some cant behave or suspend it, as I've mentioned if its all coming from there :eyes:

Al, all the best and hope to see you at one of the Essex Duc meets as the venue is changing to Great Bentley i believe, which is a lot nearer to you then the current one.

12. Speakers Corner was put there for this very reason - to keep it in one place that people didn't have to visit. The ignore facility is there for a reason and people don't use it just in case they miss something I guess! :rolleyes:

#12 Exige, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  13. I had noticed he wasn't around, but hadn't thought much about it. There are a few who've dropped off the map without explanation over the last few years, I guess I thought he was just another. :thinkingface:

Whatever his circumstances, I hope he gets well enough to do the things he wants to. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. He’s a decent fella, shame he has fallen foul of the troll (he’s not alone)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. I know what your saying and agree why its there, but like i say if its coming from there it sounds like it could be spreading.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I remember the issue and it most definitely didn't come from there - read Al's words which are fare - others are opinions, sometimes devious themselves :)

17. There’s only so much you can ignore, either person/s or threads.

18. I don't know AL, but should this thread not be more about just wishing him well, and a bit less of this handbags at dawn drama queen shit....

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Well said, and Al, if your reading this you are missed and would be welcomed back by all I am sure of that - you're a dude :cool:, hope your recovery is swift and the Spring arrives soon for us all!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. You are a man who doesn't mince his well intended words

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information