1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Article About Us V4 Recalls

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Faith, May 2, 2018.

• Useful Useful x 1
  1. News to me but I will check with the workshop tomorrow. Andy

2. Is this to do with the bike that went up in flames recently?

3. It is suggested at the end of the article.

4. I thought that was an issue with an ‘o’ ring not being fitted to an aftermarket fuel cap not the potential for a fuel leak when opening the fuel cap due to a pressure build up. That said, definitely could have been observed during the investigation. Andy

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Curious as to why only US bikes. Do they have a separate production line?

6. US consumer protection is somewhat more vocal and regularised than in the UK and issues get tackled quicker. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. History shows us that the americans like their lawsuits and this can damage a manufacturers reputation very quickly and drain their bank accounts,,so best fix the problem PDQ

8. Litigation. They are notoriously litigious over the pond. :(

9. The yanks are a bit more shit hot at suing than us so will have been all over it. I thought the first recall would have been made due to the fault in the styling that made the strada 1000 look handsome. You live and learn.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sorry if I didn't get the point, but you mean we will likely have the same issue (i.e its V4 wide) and it's just there's no one here shouting loud enough about it?

11. Do US bikes have a carbon evap canister fitted? (They do in the RSV4s and they cause no end of trouble, including tank venting issues)

12. Have the owners of Ducati ever had any issues in the USA before....

13. You believed that :eek:

:eyes:

14. #15 noobie, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  15. Nothing new under the sky, all latest sport bikes had recalls.
    I guess we do not pay enough £££ to buy a well tested product.

Suzuki- neutral issue leading to possible chain snap.
    R1-2nd gear issues, complete gearbox replaced.
    ZX10- some bikes had gearbox replaced.
    Honda Fireblade- possible water ingress at fuel cap.
    V4- fuel line o ring seal & tank breather.

16. You can add to that the first RSV4s had engines made of cheese and the S1000RR has had gearbox issues too. I suspect many of these gearbox issues are related to quickshifters though.

17. Not to mention every GS1200 from late 2013 having their fork tops inspected for wear at a crimp fit point. 165000 bikes affected globally. US Face-poke heads up lead to global recall I believe.

18. Ducati UK have auto allocated recall kits to dealers so UK owners should be receiving notification from them to contact their supplying dealer to book their bike in. The replacement of the 'o' ring will require the fuel tank to be drained so the less fuel you have in the tank when you come in the more that will be appreciated. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information