1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Artificial Grass

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alan williams, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Does anyone here have any experience of it ?

We have a fairly small garden and two dogs, so it quickly ends up being mainly mud.

Is it easy to lay ?
    What is drainage like ?
    How long does it last ?

2. I asked my ground worker about this last week. It is laid on a stone and sand base the same as you would lay block paving.

He was telling me about some he laid 8 years ago for a relative and it still looks brand new with no maintenance. He is laying some straight after Christmas so I'm going to have a look when its finished before I make my mind up.

He did say they look more realistic with a bit of brown in the Astroturf not just bright green. They do a large range of different shades now.

3. You can't smoke it...

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. I’d be interested to hear what you think having seen it laid.

Seems to be a good range now, some specifically designed for the abuse dogs give them.

5. You could, but not sure what the effect would be. :skull:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. But on a serious note, are you that fucking lazy that you want to replace nature's intended with plastic?
    What next? Fake boobs?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. I'm sure I've been told it's not really that suitable for Dogs as it can burn their pads if they slide on it.

I might however be wrong, but it might be worth asking the question.

Nasher.

8. I'll take some pictures when I go to see it.

9. I had a girlfriend who had fake boobs they were the best looking breasts I've ever had the pleasure of manhandling. :D

10. Bowled over;)

11. I am quite lazy to be honest.

It’s more that we turf it or sow seeds just about every year and it gets ruined by the dogs.
    Wondered if artificial grass might be better.

12. Would definitely check that out first.

13. Go the whole hog and concrete it... it will keep the dogs nails in shape... and easy to hose down... cleaning dog shit out off plastic grass can't be fun...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information