1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask The Boss! Ducati Uk Managing Director, Tim Maccabee

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Rob, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. and fiats extended warranty was deffo covered by a third party.

2. I've bought two new ducatis in the last 2 years.
    Can I have 2 free tickets to the WD week please :grinning:

3. It's an interesting point (though whether we are supposed to be debating any points on this thread is moot). I assume that the initial guarantee is covered by Ducati, why not a third year or more? One assumes that they expect their products to be of sufficient quality to last 3 or 4 years. You'd hope so. And no doubt they have a come back to their suppliers for components that are of insufficient quality. That's just corporate muscle.

Other insurance policies are for events outside your control, or which are very unlikely but potentially disastrous. My Alfa had a 7 year anti-rust warranty. They knew they had had a problem with rust in the past and had reckoned to have fixed it. It made a good statement.

4. The deafening silence on this thread isnt exactly filling me (a new Ducati owner within the last couple of months) with a great deal of confidence here.

Are you still alive Tim?

5. Why would that affect your confidence? :confuse:

6. when the head of ducati uk cant respond when he says he's going to, how does that reflect on the rest of the business, especially having read some of the horror stories i have on this thread as a new Ducati owner

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. And has your bike blown up because of it?

I think you need some perspective on this.

8. He is right though!
    It doesn't look good.....

9. Where's Final Edition? :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Internet forums have to not only be one of the easiest ways of commuting with a large % of your customer base but also pissing off a large % of your custom base.

If you say you’re going to do something either do it, or let people know you’d like a little longer as you didn’t expect the volume in responses you did or you were otherwise engaged with more pressing matters etc etc.

It’s called common courtesy and its pretty much basic customer service.

If you’re in the slightest bit arsed about your customers of course.

To answer your question though, it hasnt blown up, but i have had some engine management light/electrical issues that others on here have mentioned. I was quite interested to see what Mr Ducati UK had to say about them.

11. I think he replied Monday

• Like Like x 1
  12. apologies if i missed the post, any chance of quoting for me as i dont seem to be able to view it on my computer

13. Repost

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. thanks, look forward to it

15. Re-arrange these words.
    Service lip.

16. For reference re the posts above. A response is expected by then end of this week ( is that today or Sunday) either way, happy one month birthday to a good idea thread , let down by tangible progress on responding to a large customer base who could be advocates for a brand.

If it were me, I'd be taking advantage of that very quickly- direct customer contact/feedback and interaction.But it seems there is not desire to leverage and take advantage of that.

Shame really, there are some good questions, and whilst no one expects magic answers, structured responses would be interesting to read. No responses apart from holding ones, don't really spread a positive message really.
    Even allowing for the season of goodwill.

Pity.

• Agree Agree x 2

17. What's needed is the MD of ducati UK , his perspective-that's what is really needed. That's the point of the thread, and all 156 posts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. 356 posts, your forgetting the deleted ones :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Typical of all listening groups
    They listen but the response is like a snail
    Can't see the point myself

Good customer service starts from the top of the corporation

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. First of all on behalf of Tim, Rob and myself thanks for all your questions and input. Tim's responses will be posted as a separate post later this evening.

This thread is now closed :)

• Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information