1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking For A Friend…..

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Mark - Ducati Bournemouth, Jun 20, 2022.

1. I’ve got a ‘friend’, he has a V4S Panigale that he loves but has an inner fire burning for a 1299 Final Edition o_O would you tell him to ‘have a word’ or go for it?

This ‘friend’ needs quite major wrist surgery and can just about cope with a V4, would he struggle with a 1299?

Does he need to go and stop looking at Ducati bikes as he’s on number 10 :dizzy:

2. The 1299 FE is a very nice piece of kit. I ride a 1299s, I have weak wrists as ive broken them both. Twice. I also have dupitons contracture in left hand and have only thumb and 1st two fingers with decent grip strength. I have no probs with 1299. I had more issues with 1198 as it was a stretch.

10? Pah. My mate has had >45 bikes. 45! Fickle twat that he is if he is reading this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Forty bloody five! Must have a big garage or a lot of sheds...

4. Its a big garage. Hes on an BMW m sport and a v4sf atm. For now. Until a new glittery thing catches his eye.

5. Oops I misread your post, I thought it said he has 45 bikes. DUH!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Personally, being used to 959/V2 with similar Bars, I think the 1299 is about similar to the V4, however where I think the V4 is easier is that it has a bigger broader tank which personally I found offers better support, which I think helps with the weight on the Wrists. If he does go for it, I would stay away from the 'Comfort' seat on the 1299 range of bikes, it puts you another 10-15mm higher and for me absolutely killed my wrists, if anything try to find a super low 1199 seat and put up with piles...

He could look at Helibars though for the V4 before wasting a load of cash changing, or perhaps Speedymoto do a top clamp that is 'Gull Wing' like the 848/1098 ones they did which allowed standard bars to be raised by 15mm

Do Not Sell My Personal Information