1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assen Spoiler

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Sam1199, Jun 24, 2017.

1. No idea why zarco came in. Maybe lack of experience caught him out there. I don't think he'd have made the podium but top 5 definitely on the cards. :upyeah:

2. Given the salary Lorenzo is being paid and the look on Tardozzi's fasce during qualifying, I can only imagine the kick up the ass he is now being given after yet another poor race result. I want to see him do well but he's been severely outclassed by his team mate and the satellite Ducatis with arguably "lesser" machines.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I can get Dovi doing him over, but the people out qualifying and beating him week in, week out must be embracing for him. And some though Rossi dud a bad job...

4. Sorry if this is a spoiler alert, but I have to acknowledge todays MotoGP at Assen as probably the best race of the season so far. It just got better with every lap and the last 3 laps had me on the edge of my seat. Great to see Rossi battling it out and being the victor after such a long dry spell and bad luck. His 115 GP win. :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Threads merged

6. Just watched it, what an epic race! Awesome to see Rossi get a win again, and Petrucci very nearly grabbed the win, actually looked faster over the last lap or two until he got held up by the back markers. Shame about Zarco after being so quick but a win looks like it's on the way possibly followed by Rossi ride! Dovi leading the championship, yes!

7. All 3 races were outstanding, what a great place Assen is for racing, a good old fashioned racing circuit with plenty of passing places.

8. Find a way to watch it if you can.

9. BT app later when the whole race is available

10. Channel 5 tonight (Monday) at 7pm to 8pm and channel 5 +1 at 8pm till 9pm show the race highlights

11. At best it will be a 90 secs of non MGP classes :confused:

12. Brilliant race.
    So happy that Ducati lead the championship.
    I said JLo would be a poor choice and then recanted when he made his podium. Now looking as if I was right after all. HOW many other Ducatis beat him?
    Also happy that Zarco didn't win. This is because I see it all on French Eurosport where there is a constant stream of Zarco mania. His pole was almost insufferable, his win would have been. Keep the guy off the podium. I don't care how talented his is!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. There is a suspicion that Marquez went out of travknlimits to get a better drive to do Cal...wonder if anything will happen to demote him ;)

14. I wondered if those 2 were taking it easy because of the conditions and Cal caught them napping. He certainly caught up with some serious pace. Marquez only seemed to get his pace back up when overtaken.

15. It's all in the mind. When some bloke overtakes you, you must think, oh, so there is enough grip after all, then. Marquez would have thought, if Cal can do it, so can I.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. And 'I'm not losing to that no-mark!' also comes in ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I really would like to see Lorenzo do well but after that showing ....if Ducati fired him quite frankly I wouldn't blame them.
    He's meant to be the top man and he can't ride a highly competitive machine like various others can. Come back Ianone...he rode it better.

His performance is poor geyond belief. No getting away from it when you look at Lowe's ( tough deal) Zarco, Petruci, and many more.

He's hugely paid to do it and just isn't.

I hope does it next weekend. If not ..I'd chop him.

18. They also announced Cal has just signed a 2 year contract with LCR

19. Get your news via pigeon? ;)

It's an HRC paid contract, riding for LCR.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information