1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aston Owners

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Advikaz, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Home after what ended up as a truck load of warranty work.

going to take it out tomorrow for a run :) stoked to have her back though!

got a few little pieces like the mesh and front splitter in at the body shop to collect tomorrow. OCD is a very expensive thing to live with!

0AD84219-2A8C-40D5-86BD-3AF563A8C6A7.jpeg 0E1D6B1C-4EF8-432A-A803-00E2C0DECA50.jpeg 40476D16-D8F4-4545-85FD-2EFA4BF45515.jpeg 527CA1A2-4D36-4E17-90FE-01752786ECD6.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  2. That is really nice Ad. It’s got a great stance.

• Thanks Thanks x 1

3. I love it mate.

4. Out with some mates today

A2C955D3-1C76-4418-8F2C-4108F6891EC5.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. You have the best car there Ad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. It’s alright I suppose. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2

7. I’m not sure about that. But I like it. I like lambos but unfortunately they have a bit of a stigma surrounding them nowadays don’t they. I like my subtle v8 :)

8. I like Lambos but when I think seriously about what I want for Xmas on my list it’s a Porsche 911 air cooled as it always has been.
    I like the look of the Aston they just look sublime but just not a car I desire to own. Well unless I suddenly won a huge amount of money.

• Like Like x 1

9. I like that you like air cooled 911’s

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Not a fan of Porsche, Lady Vader wants a red 911 but for me it’s an Aston. Lotto win would be a DB11, big Lotto win would be a new DBS. I’d settle for a Vantage tho:p but as I’m a lazy driver now I’d have an auto.

I keep asking Lady Vader if we can re mortgage so I can use the equity for a DB11, she always says no for some reason, miserable sod

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Because Lady Vader has superb taste in attractive items, her intuition knows no bounds to know you’d immediately have buyers regret knowing you should have blew the money on a Porsche says it all.:)

• Funny Funny x 1

12. You sir have great taste.

I like the bond dbs as well and did very much consider one (I think they will shoot up
    soon)… when I got this as well as a v12vs and vanq s’s. You know what man maths is like!

Thing is, from a price point the aforementioned are both in a very competitive price bracket and the choice is vast which (I’m not good with too much choice).

As a road car, for the purpose I purchased this Aston, it’s perfect to me. It’s arguably a perfect balance of playful chassis and speed for a road car as well. Great steering feel and you’re not immediately going to jail when on the loud peddle. It’s nice to be able to Rev it.

A good 4.7 is quicker than some give credit, I think because many have driven the 4.3 which is not the same car. Mines quicker than a 997 gt3 in a straight line. No slouch. But it wasn’t built for that.

i genuinely have no idea what I’d ever replace mine with that’s not 4x the cost.

#492 Advikaz, Feb 27, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Hi buddy
    Think I saw you all at Mickeys diner this morning, some nice cars there.
    Doug

• Agree Agree x 1

15. Yes you will have done. It was carnage whoever organised it! Someone told the cafe it was going to be 30 cars apparently ? And literally hundreds ascended … I’m not in to car meets generally but my mate with the Performante talked me in to it.

Ended up going to a local pub for lunch in the end :laughing:

You on the bike?

16. It was quite interesting watching everyone trying to park
    Yes buddy, took the Multi out for a spin, I’m only in Stockbury so not very adventurous

• Like Like x 1
  17. Does the multi even get up to temps on that run ? Haha

It certainly was interesting. Never again for me. Chaos !

• Agree Agree x 1

18. I know, I know.

That was our initial meeting point. We lacked imagination.

19. I had a quick ride down to Ashford early and stopped off to meet an old mate on the way back. The roads were greasy as flock first thing. Yeah I know what you mean, bike & car meets can be tricky

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information