1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aston Owners

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Advikaz, Feb 6, 2021.

1. They needed new clobber.:joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. it’s a next home o_O

come on now. We needed a new reed diffuser air freshener

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Totally back together now after a pretty decent overhaul.

C72F2F65-A3DD-4F5F-960E-9531D44D0197.jpeg 02CCD94D-D090-43AA-8F79-297872D0E8A7.jpeg CB21C430-7F33-47C3-B56C-473F0FD4B5F5.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  4. There isn’t an emoji for “ I’m jealous”

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. :broken_heart: 15k warranty bill says it drives differently :laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  6. 15K!!!! That’s the profit gone for them then?

• Agree Agree x 2

7. Yeah it’s got to be in that region retail?

I’ll summarise what’s been done under warranty:

Replacement lamy dash pen and dash mechanism.
    Seat repair.
    Wipers.
    Brake pads.
    Brake pins and bolts.
    Two dash panels replaced.
    Wheels refurbed.
    New set of wheel centre caps.
    Headlight washer assembly x2.
    Headlight cover x2.
    Crank main seal replaced.
    Timing chest seal.
    New clutch.
    New slave cylinder.
    New flywheel.
    New thermostat.
    Various gaskets, seals and bolts.

Things that I, personally have had done so far:

Carbon front splitter re clear coated (as new).
    Bonnet mesh vents repainted.
    Custom soft garage car cover.
    New AM metal dust caps.
    New Aston Martin carpets.
    New AMR Alcantara steering wheel.
    Top dash panels re trimmed (common problem with lifting).
    Aston Martin leather key pouch for Chrystal key.
    Door scuff panels re anodised.
    Gearbox/transaxle oil replaced.
    Interior leather professionally cleaned and fed.

The dealer have been very good about sorting the bits. Most of the warranty items are all of the faults these cars ever really have. Meaning it’s now solid for a good amount of time now :) result !!

I’m having the geo done by the best in the business in the next few weeks and then it’s off to Aston for a FULL service (she’s full AM history) and I have ocd. It’s got one very small chip which I’m going to have sorted as well and then it’ll be detailed, ceramic coated etc.

Car was a great example anyway but now with my ocd, it will be flawless :)

#508 Advikaz, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. track day next then mate now it aint leaking oil :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. it’ll never see the track. It’s my baby :heart:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Jesus, can I bring my Stag down to you for your attention?:D

• Funny Funny x 1

11. Don’t. Honestly, it’s a curse !

A small chip on something to me is like I’ve rolled the thing :sob:

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Just thought I’d add some class to your classy post. Sorry, but I just love my Stag.

AC3C3C8C-460B-4A4E-960F-48D58DDC3927.jpeg

• Like Like x 5

13. Stunning mate !

What’s the story with her? Had it long?

14. She’s a He Ad, He’s a Stag! This September will be 16 years ownership. Bodily restores over the winter of 14 at great cost. It’s not fast, great cruiser especially roof off, great noise being V8. Gets lots of attention, old boys tell me they over heat all the time :rolleyes: although mine never has. Trips to Monaco and the south of France in 30plus degrees has proved it’s cooling. Personally think they’re under valued as a classic car where E types are £50K-£150K Stags struggle past £15K.

Would I swop for an Aston, dunno, possibly

• Like Like x 2

15. And that, is what it’s all about mate. Owning these things and the journeys they take us on. And the stags got bags of character, which is what makes us love these machines.

Great story bud, he is a keeper for sure ! And agree re the pricing, but that may change down the line.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Christ, all that work done under warranty, who did the original build, Lada?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. These vantages are known to be a solid car for the sector they’re in. But like anything in the same sports car bracket, they can surprise you with costs now and then. Whether you can currently buy them for 60k or whatever now is immaterial, they still have 120+k car running costs. Although, if you stay on top of them and actually use them, they’re generally not that bad to run. Not anymore than a performance German car. Just have to understand that there’s a handful of issues that might sting you.

Most of the items replaced have been due to lack of use. They would have all worn gradually over the last ten years and been picked up and replaced on annual servicing. But the last few owners hardly used it. Meaning the issues didn’t become obvious.

Then I got it, and deliberately put a few miles on her in the space of a few months. Essentially shaking it down whilst it was under warranty.

If that makes sense ? Astons like being used. Markets seem to want for low mileage examples. The joke is, the ones that get used will likely give you less grief (unless you’re under warranty like I am) in then which case, get a low miler and let them deal with the financial pain and have the best of both worlds.

#518 Advikaz, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Reason for my postings on the intricate’s by the way is that I just wanted to give an insight to those / anyone (if there is anyone on here) who’s thinking about buying something similar perhaps to what I have. Whether that be an Aston, a Ferrari, porker or whatever. It can be daunting tbh (although it’s cheap compared to racing bikes :laughing:).

I do okay for myself at 31, but I’m not exactly loaded either like some of the ballers on here. If you go in to these things educated and prepared, it doesn’t have to be necessarily out of reach of us normal folk. We can all have a go at living our dream as well :upyeah: if that’s what you want.

Do your homework.
    Get an inspection from an sme.
    Buying from a good dealer, good independent or Main with a decent backed warranty (do check).
    If buying private (nothing wrong with it) but do the aforementioned inspection.
    Keep an “oh shit” fund.
    Use it and maintain it.
    Get some miles on it whilst it’s under warranty.
    Buy the best example you can afford. Don’t be tempted to buy a newer model at the bottom of its price bracket unless you’re brave/know the car or are handy on the spanner’s.

#519 Advikaz, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. @Advikaz what you've mentioned above mate sounds like a lot of bikes out there too.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information