1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aston Owners

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Advikaz, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Yep, would Sir like a cheeky turbo boost?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. C0E45632-2AAE-456F-9317-AB541292EEEE.jpeg

Sausage

#602 Advikaz, Aug 22, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Stop teasing us and tell us more, test run or outright purchase.:thinkingface:

4. Went to look at one today. it’s a serious consideration that I can’t seem to kick, need a few things to fall in to place to make things doable. Point of today was to put myself off… which hasn’t worked :laughing:

done the math and it’s actually less to service than the Aston amazingly. Insurance is cheap enough. Better on fuel than the Aston as well (not difficult).

the remit would be 2017> and likely either orange or grey. The forged wheels I like and hopefully the sports exhaust. Fairly flexible on other spec. Oh and a warranty! Would maybe consider a spider.. although I think I’d rather the coupe

only snag is the missus doesn’t want me to sell the Aston. Keeping both wasn’t really in my plan but it is now which causes me another issue as I have a single garage. 1st world problems. Oh and the cost.

I’ve driven a few macs before, the 570s is my favourite as it’s generally reliable and stunningly fast. It’s like a high tech lotus with tonnes of shove! I love the 720 but it would be bombing my budget for an earlier gen car which you can bet would cause me grief. Plus the super series cars are a fair bit more in terms of annual maintenance.

plus the 720 is genuinely just ridiculous.

Will keep you all up to date :confused:

#604 Advikaz, Aug 22, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  5. I’d be put off by the publicised reliability issues of a McLaren. Or are the newer ones more sorted?

6. It simple really , just get rid of the missus and pay her off with the AM that leaves the garage space for the Mclaren, but check the openings clearance in that tiny garage.

P.S i own the utility companies that supply your household power, :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. No worse than Aston Martin. My mate bought a DB9 new and it spent more time at the dealership than at his house. The 570S is a weapon.

• Like Like x 1

8. It’s a valid point mate.

the earlier gens were unnecessarily poor in a lot of silly ways. The QC was bad. The dealers worse and the customer service awful.

I have a good amount of friends who have worked for Mac on events, development and even at the factory who tell me much of this is sorted now but it is important to buy a car with some miles on it as the faults will have been ironed out (also with warranty) and ideally not one from the first year of production.

the 570 doesn’t have some of the features that the super series cars have, it’s a bit simpler which in this instance is a good thing as they don’t seem to suffer the same gremlins as some of the super trick cars had. I am told that they are also largely sorted now thankfully.

You don’t hear about many issues with the 570 but I guess it’s always a gamble as with everything.

• Like Like x 2

9. Very good point re the doors !

Be a darling and sort me some cheap gas and leccy would you hun? Might be able to afford a faster Mac if I wasn’t getting pumped by British Gas :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2

10. Most unreliable vehicles I’ve owned have been from bmw and ‘drum roll please’….. ‘are you ready for the surprise of your life’….

i mean it… it’s shocking…

You will be shocked! ….

Range Rovers!
    Owned two. Both got backed to the dealer. Made out of jizz drenched toilet tissue

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. 8A444087-E57D-4AC1-956E-F28ABDE949ED.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Those 12c’s are a bit of a bargain now. The early ones were a bit of a lottery but more often than not found to be fairly unreliable.

I’m told parts on them are hard to get/getting hard to get now as well which is a shame !

13. Sounded beautiful
    The guy that owns it is was very dapper
    Take notice Ad :D

DCA833C9-F5C6-40E9-ACBA-F1CD32A4CF3A.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2

14. Strong look!

15. Tell me you voted for brexit without telling me you voted for brexit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I cheekily asked if I could take his pic and he couldn't have been nicer
    Not cheeky enough to ask for a lift though :D

I followed a lovely black Mac the last time I was on the M25 in slow moving traffic
    The sound was divine!

• Like Like x 1
  17. I’m going to take a flyer at this, and could be wrong, but something tells me that chap likes to be the centre of attention!

18. It’s a striking arrangement. All beige and bmw GS-like at the bottom end and absolute carnage up top.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Just get a Fiat A-Bath and spend the rest on gas & leccy for next years mega rollover Ofgem sponsored shafting

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information