1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attilas Radical Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Attila, Jun 17, 2013.

1. I have some work to do to fit the air filters, plus the loom needs a lot of stripping down, but, if the weather holds off for the bank holiday weekend i might be able to see if she fires...

@PabloPirate - Radical Ducati France (Ducatiamo) are selling all of Radicals bodywork again, i have heard there have been some issues with quality but i haven't seen them myself so i wouldn't like to comment.

2. Finally a bit more progress, after some advice from PHILLIPO and Mark I have trial fitted the air filters. It all fits perfectly, all I need to do now is cut off the top of the intake trumpet and have the 90 degree bends welded into them.
    Unfortunately it means that the panel I made to fit under the tank doesn't fit so I will have to rethink a couple of bits and pieces.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Looking good mate. I'm going to go back to making an air box for mine. I'm loosing a lot of power top end and the intake noise is crazy.

4. The stock airbox should go back in with a few modifications if its too loud but I kind of like the idea of it being a bit lairy...

5. Progress has been much slower than I wanted (because I've been lazy tbh). However now I have sold my Triumph this is the only bike I have so I will have to really get cracking to ensure this is finished for the spring. Expect updates to be a bit more frequent now.

Plans for the next few weeks are:
    Shorten the loom.
    Have the intake trumpets cut and the bends welded in.
    Mount the battery, reg/rec and dash.
    Fit the rear light.
    Fit the led indicators.
    Make a fibreglass underseat panel.
    Trim the rear brake lever as it clashes with the exhaust (doh).
    Have new brake and clutch lines made.
    Have the radiator stripped down and repainted.
    Service the engine and fit new belts.

This is a conservative list and will get a lot longer but fingers crossed it will be running again soon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I decided that the stock radiator was not worth saving so I commissioned Forge Motorsport to build me a custom one, I'm REALLY happy with the results too!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As the bike is water cooled it was always going to be a challenge to hide the rad and pipework away, so instead I'm making a feature of it...

• Like Like x 6
  7. Is it a modified 916 unit?

8. Its all new mate, based on the measurements of my ST4 rad with the overflow pipe relocated

9. V nice...:upyeah:
    Loads £££...?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I like the rad a lot, I was thinking having one made for the ST2 not as long (wide) but double core to cope with the heat. Was yours top dollar??

Yorkie

• Like Like x 1
  11. It was cheaper than a new one from Ducati...
    £400 not exactly cheap but a good chunk cheaper than most of the radiators I have seen online.

12. Nice welds.
    Did you show it to the missus? I bet she....:rolleyes:

:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Funnily enough she's not as impressed with the quality of the welds as me. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Looks nice! And I reckon thats a good price, paid similar for my one on the Superlight.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fantastic project. I am impressed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. yep Forge know how to lay down a nice weld,,,,, but fraid same cant be said for the weld on the two little stubs at front of fuel tank,, they look horrid !!

oh PS,, lovely build,, great thread :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah I haven't got round to grinding those welds back and smoothing them off to match the rest of the frame welds, it's on the list though :upyeah:

18. :upyeah:.... noticed the old Specialized in the shed in early photo :)

19. I'm not sure why you can't see my pictures, they are hosted on photobucket.

Well i trial fitted the new rad, it's near as damn it perfect!
    [​IMG]

I have also finalised the location of the front indicators (I just need to trim the plate they are fitted to down). The rear light is wired in and working perfectly too.

It's coming together now, I still have the monumental job (for me anyway) of shortening and tucking away the loom, it scares me tbh...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information