1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attilas Radical Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Attila, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Keep the progress and piccies coming.Projects and builds like this save me from TV.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Got the pics up now looking good,:upyeah:, mines still in the planning stage,(BMW GS to finish restoring) pics of the subframe work have helped thanks.

catch you on the track!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Not really an update, mark has just collected the bike to fabricate some mounts for the battery, ecu and clocks etc.
    It's starting to come together now, I think I'm on track to have it finished for the summer.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. like it. keep it up.

im still searching for the donor bike

5. I suppose its alright,but the colour scheme isnt to my taste.

6. I dunno i kinda like the random hodge podge of different colours and unpainted bits.;)
    Don't worry, a paint scheme is in the works :upyeah:

7. All gone quiet - I would have thought over the winter this build may have been finished>
    Still I can't wait to see the finished article and hear how it performs.

8. Same as anxious for news

9. Yeah its gone a bit slow here, I've got plenty in the works but nothing worth an update if you know what I mean. I do need to pull my finger out and get on with it, this good weather has me itching to get out on a bike again!

10. Bit of an update, we've started to strip down the loom. I've cut a load out of it that wasn't necessary and we will be shortening it as its waaaaay to long.
    [​IMG]
    This is the part I have been dreading, electrics are witchcraft!
    The layout of a few bits has been tweaked too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. Just a quick update, we have fitted the dash in its final position.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Progress is a lot slower than I initially wanted as I'm struggling to find time to work on it, I'm still hopeful that I will be riding it this year. Its not going to be cosmetically finished but should be mechanically about there.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Really getting there now. ..... What air filter is that please?

13. Cheers, Its a pipercross item for 748/916. It fits over the stock trumpets :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. My first visit to the forum,
    Very nice read,thank you :0)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. A few more bits and pieces done on the project bike, new clutch pressure plate and samco hoses fitted and the water temp sensor has been removed for modification. The wiring loom is stripped down and ready to trim to length too. It needs a service and new belts then it's ready to test fire, next weekend the Beastie should roar...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  16. Well unfortunately we didn't quite get to the stage where we could fire the bike up , however we did get it fully serviced, changed the belts and replaced all of the rotten old external bolts with stainless items. Not as much as I was hoping but still progress.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. Just been offered a mint ST4S with only 5K on the clock, full service history etc.. for what the local main dealer offered... not sure if I'll buy it.. I shouldn't read these threads !

• Like Like x 1
  18. It's alive, IT'S ALIVE!!!

We cranked it a few times with the fuel tank off to get some oil flowing through it, then when we connected up the tank it fired first prod of the button, happy days!
    I was expecting it to be louder to be honest but it's got a lovely bassy note in person.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Vid no worky :(

20. That's strange, it's working for me. Let me check the privacy settings on YouTube...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information