1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Service Charges £458 -are They Taking The ----!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by spanish, Nov 12, 2018.

1. They’re on the turn. The Germans have been there for the last 5 years and the new stuff coming through now has been well “Aud-ised ......except for the price, and the reliability.....and the warranty.....and the std kit......

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. My wife had an early A4 years ago. Wasn't a bad car as such but every time it needed anything (out of warranty so I did it) it needed a massive amount of stripping down to do any job. I guess this is what costs. I was running an XJ6 of the same age at the time and the Jaguar was much cheaper on parts and easier to work on. I did bottom ball joints on both fairly close together and the parts cost 5 times more for the Audi and took 4 times longer to fit.

As far as Kia is concerned, my father-in-law has been running one for about a year. The car itself seems good but the dealers are atrocious.... Any dealer fit options require quite a few return visits it seems...

3. Why doesn't everyone on here own nothing but alfas maseratis and other italian made crap?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Because they are italian made crap. Ducati's are Italian made lusciousness. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. My alfa is doing great apart from the multiple 'character features.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Once bitten, twice shy...

I fondly remember my experiences of running an Alfa GTV v6 (the late 70's version) and after that, a Lancia Delta.

The Alfa decomposed in front of my eyes....but the Lancia was a pretty robust piece of kit.

7. Daughter worked at a Kia garage for a few years, 7 year warranty that stays with the car (not just the first owner) and hyundai own 40% of Kia so many interchangeable parts. She is a badge snob and had she not worked there she would not have picked a kia. Having worked there she said that the sportage she has had for 3 years is probably the best car she has ever had.

In the states we had a kia optima 2.0 petrol turbo, fantastic car but there warranty was 7 years for the first owner only.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes - but that was probably when Kia did 3 years in EU and in USA most keep their cars - not swap and change like in EU every 2 years or so.

Thats why they typically finance over 6 or 7 years too in USA ..

9. Yup the modern "white" bulbs esp the VW/Audi ones are a rip off full stop and you have to remove the bumper to fit them so say £75-100 per bulb then there £100 hour labour and bingo u have been rogered !!!! its easy to by a nice car not so easy to maintain or run them i get moaned at all the time .... and its usually muppets with the latest iphone big house and a 50 inch plasma on every wall of the house :p

Do Not Sell My Personal Information