1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auschwitz

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pete1950, Jan 27, 2020.

1. A idiot young lady posted her selfie on twatter last year and got savaged ! up to that point she hadnt seen any wrong doing there vacuous morons !

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. My great grandfather and his wife died in Auschwitz on 30 October 1944. They were on the last transport from the Theresienstadt ghetto to Auschwitz. They had been in Theresienstadt since being transported there from Vienna on 21 August 1942. They were of Jewish heritage, but had converted to Christianity in 1910.

I had hoped to visit Terezin and Auschwitz last year, but a heart attack prevented me from doing so. Hopefully I’ll visit in the next few years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Well done Mr F, according to the BBC,, 1.1 million people were put into a large shed, stripped naked and gassed which took unto 20 minutes to die. Just think about that.....How on earth did they pursued lessers to carry out these acts, wouldn't you question ?

4. As much as this occasion does require some sobering thoughts; RIP those that died in ww2.

We should not forget an illegal under international law prison population. Namely Guantanamo bay detention camp which the Americans have created to be outside the remit of I.L, due to been on foreign soil & ran by their military. And just like Auschwitz people have & probably are been killed from the decisions made by those 'following orders' running the place.

I am a concerned citizen my government is not doing enough too hold our special relationship allie accountable to I.L. And that one of the things 'barking-idiot-trump' stated was that he'd close it. And that american citizens are held to pay the $13,000,000 per inmate is as usually astonishing in financial terms.

5. The 'how' is well documented & harrowing. If you're really interested I suggest you read Primo Levi's book 'If This Is A Man'

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Not been to Auschwitz but visited a lot of sites on the Western Front.
    November we toured Vietnam and Cambodia. The Vietnam War from their point of view is interesting. Some very upsetting scenes
    Cambodia was something else the average age of the population is in the 40's hardly an old person to be seen.
    Visited a school which was converted to a Prison where thousands were tortured and killed most people were killed within a week This was just one school f hundreds

20191115_112758.jpg

7. On more 4 now there is a programme with survivors

• Like Like x 1
  8. That’s a fairly different thing though. One was the torture and killing of millions of innocents.

The other is a facility to deal with the scum of the earth who would do far worse to you or I given the chance

9. I had a look just now. I found that truly shocking : unamused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ill have a read. ‘I was only following orders’. But I guess don’t comply, die, could be quite a motivator for many.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yes - don't comply, die, and actually you're in the queue anyway as the pushers-in were commonly Jews as well just prolonging their lives by days...
    I read Primo Levi's books in my 20's and it aged and educated me beyond anything.

12. And that figure was just this one camp - 6 million total I think...

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Many more innocents killed by Russia during and after WW2.

14. It's probably finger trouble.... when you are using a tablet the buttons are really close together...
    The likes etc need to be moved around.:bucktooth:
    Nukes, dislikes, shit etc to the left, near report and the good stuff the otherside... :thinkingface:
    I'm really leaving myself open here ain't I..... :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I've just been to the 9/11 memorial. Not on the same scale, but again the disrespect shown by people.
    Selfies while sitting on the plaques, security giving people a hard time and rightly so.
    We should go to show our respect. Selfies are not a sign of respect IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. I saw a documentary some time back called Night Will Fall, I believe Hitchcock was involved in it in some capacity.
    It is a tough watch but certainly puts things into perspective.

17. Prince Charles snubs Pence and even shakes hands with Putin at holocaust event :D

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information