1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aussie Road Hazards

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Brouny851, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Any crash you survive is a good one. Glad you're ok-ish. GWS.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looking at the damage to the bike you were very lucky to walk away.
    I'd buy a lottery ticket if I was you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Good luck with your recovery, hopefully full and speedy :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bloody hell!
    Bet you’re glad you weren’t on the Ducati!
    Get well soon you lucky man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. @Red Baron what’s with the lock thread please?

6. With the snakes, spiders , crocs, shit beer, extreme heat, extremely annoying people and now gumballs of death, it's a wonder anyone would chose to live there...
    But I'm glad you are ok dude and wish you the fastest most pain free recovery possible.
    Also I'm glad you wernt on a nice bike.. that would have really sucked!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'll give you a :upyeah:for the third sentence.

As for the last, ride an L7 GSXR1000 on track, and you will be praising it's ability to make even an average track day rider feel like he or she actually does have some skills. :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Man in Cleethorpes with international aspirations was busted? :)

He doesn't have an 851 in his avatar either... the inconsistencies pile up like bodies.

9. I don't know whether you're referring to me, (I might be wrong) When I joined I had this and was in San Fran:

851.jpg

About a year ago I moved back to Australia, leaving the 851. But the 748R has been my project bike:

20200220_161927.jpg

I also have a track bike:

Sportpixx Pic #2 (2).JPG

And that's it @Fire3500 no mysteries.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hmmmmm... we'll let you off this time...

11. West Cork Paul and Exige can vouch that I am indeed an Aussie and only have this ID. I've bought from Exi in the past - I'm also in touch with Tel Robinson who doesn't frequent the Forum as much as he used to. I hope that puts the matter (i don't know where it came from) to rest.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Aye :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ouch! Lucky escapes! GWS

• Like Like x 1
  14. glad you are ok

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lucky ma, damn nuts o_O

• Like Like x 1
  16. And I’m supposed to be moving to Oz, whenever, if ever the border reopens!!

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Mate I know, they told you about the sharks, the crocodiles, the box jellyfish, panthers, snakes, spiders, scorpions, dingoes eating your children, but NOBODY mentioned.....gum nuts . Every Aussie biker has a good feel for his nuts. Big ones, small ones, we know to keep our eyes peeled and avoid them. Still the buggers can catch you out as Brouny851 can attest. There's a very large variety and even the little bastards can bring you undone. Take heed, before you venture onto antipodean roads, get familiar with our nuts. 20200831_193036.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Every Ozzy I've ever met was slightly nuts to a lot nuts... there is a continuum.
    And don't get me started to the one's across the water in the "channel Islands" or whatever they are called - North / South Island.

19. I've ridden over honky nuts, in corners before. I agree it's scary but no way will cause a crash unless you are at 10/10 into a corner with no margin for eror, or more likely, panic and hits the brakes. There will be a few around in the next few months coming into summer

Do Not Sell My Personal Information