1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Austin Racing Slip On

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Crazytown, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Can anyone give some feedback on the Austin Racing Slip on exhaust can for the 939?
    I have eventually gotten around to riding the bike since I bought it in July (have been working ovesea). Great bike, still to complete running it in.
    Kind of desperate too change the Can, the original doesn't do the bike justice.
    The bike is in Thailand so the rules enforced in Europe don't apply.
    Cheers!

2. It'll be fucking loud....quietest after market good quality pipes are ( I would say ) akras...and I've tried quite a few on different bikes...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks.
    Loud is ok (bike in Thailand - seems that louder is better).
    Would you think that there is any loss/ gain/ or change in power delivery (throttle control)?
    I have an Akra on my MT09 in Singapore.
    It is one of the few that is accepted by the authorities. Great exhaust.

4. Sticking a pipe on is half the equation....if you do (i would suggest a full system without the CAT) and also a free flowing filter. Then, get it on the dyno. You need to find a dyno operator that is capable of flashing the ecu itself and that will gain more performance and other nice stuff that comes with ecu flashing. Not my hypermotard but my z1000 has had on it over the years an Vance & Hines Brawlers, Austin racing pipe, SC Project CRT and finally the Akra (all on arrow race headers)....its been on the Dyno 3 times in its life and, the Akra is the quietest of the lot , and has produced the most power. Its loud enough to sound meaty its just got that perfect exhaust note (for me) and its also been shortened by 100mm also.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for your advice.
    Much appreciated

6. No prob. I wouldnt say im any authority but, ive had half a dozen visits to the dyno on various bikes (3 hyper 1100's) have been and everytime thats always been the sweet spot, full system, airfilter and then on the dyno....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Contact Richard or James at AR as they have an outlet in Thailand.

Their pipes are loud but can be quietened using different insert within the link pipe db killer area.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'd just like to add that my zed and rsv4 have both gone through thier m.o.t's without the db killers in....I think the exhaust note disguises the fact they're loud...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks very much.
    I didn't know.
    Will do. Cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information