1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autumn Rugby Internationals

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TT600, May 24, 2018.

1. Robbed. An offside decision that could have gone either way. To DQ the try that won it in the last seconds. Probably;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. funnily enough i was watching in the pub (i was the only kiwi there) and a few were blaming the ref , i pointed out that the ref didnt make the call, he sent it upstairs and after viewing it a decision was made.. i think it was correct... albiet a bit heart breaking for an england squad that played some of the best rugby ive seen outta em in recent years... great match... remember also that they beat south africa in the last min with what was clearly a foul... unfortunately for england the lesser of the 2 infringements WAS punished this time

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. It was the right decision...unfortunately.

4. Just watched the highlights. That was a tough call at the end. It was a close match. I hate to say it but the All Blacks worry me for next weekend (as do England :() after our dismal performance yesterday against Argentina. And, in case anyone's not sure, I'm talking about Ireland but the system has stolen my flag and won't let me put another one up!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. to the letter of the law... still a big harsh call though

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. hey, youve beaten us once (only once mind!:)) it can be done again... no team can win em all... didnt see the Ireland game (i may have been a lil ratarsed by then!!) but they ere my 2nd favourite team always..

7. Almost twice. 2013 we threw the game away after 80mins o_O. Although I have to say the record is not great; 30 matches since 1905 (the first) and we've won just 1 and drawn 1..... and lost 28 :scream:.

8. but munster one one too!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. won one 2... one won to?

10. Yep. 1978. I hadn't forgotten but didn't want to rub it in too much :p

11. that much salt i can take!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. At leat we won the Legue serious, even if we took a pasting today

13. teah..... league aint real big in kiwi land... but fair play to yas:upyeah:

14. Don't feel too bad, the All Blacks have a 77% win ratio against all International teams, and an 80.5% win ratio against you Poms. In fact, only the South Africans have a loss ratio below 69% (60%) against the Mighty All Blacks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. two two was a race horse, one one was one to, two two won one race and one one won one to.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Biggest disappointment for me was, the swinging of the chariot drowned out the Hakka :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I think the Hakka is overrated and outdated. They should be allowed to stand toe to toe as they do it, and give them no room. Really press the line and rebuff the challenge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. It is a Haka, not "Hakka", protocol is to observe passively, then respond, or respond simultaneously.

Here is an English translation of "Ka Mate" the traditional Haka, used by the All Blacks and many other teams and groups throughout NZ...

I die! I die! I live! I live!

I die! I die! I live! I live!

This is the hairy man

Who fetched the sun

And caused it to shine again

One upward step! Another upward step!

An upward step, another… the sun shines!

The All Blacks also now perform their own Haka sometimes, it's called Kapa O Pango, translated....

All Blacks, let me become one with the land

This is our land that rumbles

It's my time! It's my moment!

This defines us as the All Blacks

It's my time! It's my moment!

Our dominance

Our supremacy will triumph

And will be properly revered, placed on high

Silver fern!

All Blacks!

Silver fern!

All Blacks!

http://www.ngatitoa.iwi.nz/ka-mate/the-origins-of-ka-mate

#38 NZDave, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. "protocol is to observe passively, then respond, or respond simultaneously."

My wife and I have always thought that after the AB Haka the Irish team should do a Riverdance number :D.

Actually, the best response ever was when the Irish team all wore no.8 shirts and stood in a figure 8 whilst the Haka ensued in remembrance for Anthony Foley.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. My wife and I have always thought that after the AB Haka the Irish team should do a Riverdance number :D.
    excellent idea :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information