1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avengers Infinity Wars

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Heedful, Apr 27, 2018.

1. **Likely spoilers if the chat get's going so be warned**

It's been 10 years in the making and it didn't disappoint one bit! I think Kevin Feige and his team have done such a marvelous (wheeeey) job in that these story archs do exactly what they are supposed to - entertain. In a world where so much crap is going on, where I have plenty to Victor Meldrew about, I have really enjoyed the research, trailers, post credit scenes, guessing games and comic book lore that's been shared around these movies and long may it conitnue.

Anyone else seen it? What did you think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking aboot :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yesss I've seen it!!! Been humming the Avengers theme tune for God knows how long! Thought it was bloody amazing!!! Funny, tense, and like you said I think the bits I enjoy most about it are the clues and puzzles, research, Easter eggs, how everything links together....and what the hell is gonna happen next!!! Because they don't follow the comics exactly, there's still quite a lot of guessing games rumours etc and excitement and drive to watch the next ones!

In terms of cinematic entertainment I don't think anyone does it better. And like you said, it's a hell of a lot better than watching the news!

Way too much to talk about don't even know where to start! Thought some major characters were going to die...but seems like they are saving that for the next movie. What is going on with Hulk?? Banner needs to sort him out!! Loved Thor's upgrade, and spideys too! Finally found out where red skull ended up! Favourite bits... hard to say...probably the whole film....it didn't give you a break from the excitement lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bloke in the office today, mentioned this was the most anticipated film ever. I told him that’s probably a massive stretch.

Went right off all these films when they started coming out every 5 minutes. First Iron Man was good.

6. Totally agree Sonic. The Red Skull was an awesome addition - my fave bit. He was a major character in the comics and did get brushed off very easy in the MCU. To give him such a big part and so deathly as well, was certainly fitting. I thought it was perfect and worth the 10yrs and then some.

Captain Marvel will hopefully do it justice, as essentially that movie will be the linkage to Infinity War Part II. Massive pressure on Brie Larson.

If I HAD to pick fault (which I really don't) I thought Vision was a p**sy the whole movie, when in Ultron he was well'ard. Didn't make sense that he get's his ass handed to him the whole time by every foe he met, when he possesses an infinity stone.Cap was certainly at the vagrant/useless end of the spectrum, and I did miss Antman. Although it stands to reason with AM & The Wasp out this year.

I thought after an AMAZING Black Panther movie (one of my all time faves) it was good to see Wakanda again.
    And I did think the HULK situ was fitting, as he really is a one trick pony and so for that to happen made sense against such a threat; as after all, The Planet Hulk ref has been made, so not much else to do yet.

Dr Strange and Wong were awesome! Let's hope they're around to fight Mordo in the "likely to be rewound future" :yum:innocent:

7. Going this afternoon with my three kids....directors hall (big seats and a waiter service) the kids love it.....we don't go to the cinema that often but when we do go to the directors hall...awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cool - you're all going to love it!

9. Yea I agree! With Red Skull getting brushed off too easily, it was good to see him again, but even in his new role I doubt he can do much? I'd like to see Cap and him battle it out again, but doubt that will happen! Loved the humour between Quill too!
    I was thinking the same thing about Vision too! quite a big weakness too if he's just gonna get stabbed once and then be useless. Same with Hulk too! Strange is currently "gone" but Wong might still be around! but yes like you said, It has to be reversed somehow, otherwise all the new comers will have to cancel their 2nd films! Black Panther, Spiderman, Strange!
    So what's the next movie gonna be called and why are they keeping it secret?! Apparently its because it gives something away in Infinity War?!

10. I'm not expecting Antman to be linked that much, as we've seen from Guardians 2, that those post credit scenes showed sweet sod all and don't necessarily need a link, as Ragnarok didn't and I was disappointed. Would be a useful segway though since he was missing in this film. I heavily doubt they'll add anything Infinity though in what is, thus far, a very unlinked movie in terms of all things space.

What we did learn is that Adam Warlock has a part to play, and he was pivotal in the fight against Thanos in the comics, so GOTGalaxy will be revived, and maybe the Captain Marvel movie would show Warlock, but it's set in the 90s and GOTG2 was 'present day'.

Captain Marvel will be huge and the main link to Infinity II, which means when is Spiderman 2 set - before Infinity 1? A worry since we've had the origin story, and we know he hasn't done much between then and Infinity War I, so what is Spidey doing in another standalone film? Apparently it's slated for release after Infinity II so who knows, could be post Infinity War mischief.

No Marvel in Hall H this year, so guess we have to just wait for Brie Larson to do her thang!

p.s in Infinity Wars, Strange was a badass

11. Cracking film.

12. Finally the end-credits bit at the end of Deadpool makes sense...

13. God I'm old :(

14. :D Don't be so hard on yourself. Marvel was created in the 1950s

15. Does the name Sheldon spring to mind ?

16. OK, so watched it and about to talk about SPOILERS so look away if sensitive, I have added some space to give you ample warning....as I need some answers...

LOOKAWAYSPOILERSLOOKAWAYSPOILERS

Red Skull - where was he and how did I miss him?!
    Follow up movies - gonna be tough with half the Avengers dead or gone, along with the heads of SHIELD, how are they going to bring back Spiderman FFS?!
    I am guessing getting hold of the time stone could help....and there must be a reason the fella who had the soul stone was help there (oh, was that the Red Skull?!)
    How can you ever defeat anyone who can go anywhere, do anything, and have a impenetrable shield around himself?!

Loved the movie! Some real wit with a WTF!!!! ending. Brill to see Groot come good, although another of the victims of the ending. And how they pulled the characters together (only haven't seen Antman seen the rest, and agree with the point about Vision: was it a bird in his life that stopped him dead?!) was inspired and even great to see Stan Lee doing his usual bit

So, is there an Infinity 2?

17. I worry that some of you wear lycra to bed

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Chaffs less than rubber :upyeah:

19. Ace film! :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information