1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Average Ducati riders age?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by slof, May 17, 2013.

1. Panigale coming for your 50th???

2. Hang on, I was only 38 when I bought my 1st Ducati and that seems very young now I'm 54.

3. but obviously not married cos you'd not have all that disposable income :tongue:

4. 37... First Ducati arrived a month ago... Jap bikes previously.

While Ducati have always been really desirable for me, the reason I bought one now is partly due to disposable income but partly to believing that their running costs are now more inline with other manufacturers. Going back to 916 days, my impression was not so much "can I afford to buy it?" as "can I afford to maintain it?"

5. Got my 749 last year at 22, and now a double Duke owner at 23 (Even if one isn't really running yet :biggrin:)

6. Secondhand 500cc Pantah for 2 grand, most of which was borrowed from the bank (but I justified it because the Honda was likely to break down in the middle of France on a Sunday afternoon when I was en route between Switzerland and England).

No, not married, but as good as.

7. I guess I'll knock the average up a bit. I'm 63 and have been riding bikes since I was 16 and Ducatis since 1976. I bought an 860GTS then, the only brand new bike I've ever owned and did 22.5K miles on it in 2 years before moving to a 900SS and it never broke down once. :smile:

8. 31 and picking up my first Ducati tomorrow (and probably pulling it to pieces on sunday)

9. Forgot to add - the Monster was a 40th birthday present - who says I'm impatient!?

10. No one. We're just saying you're old :wink:

11. It's that ducati dad pushing the age up!

12. I'm 55 and got my first Ducati in -02; a brand new st4s.

Bought a 996 -00mod in 2007; I've heard they still find parts from it near the track where I highsided in 2009 :frown:

Planning to get another one though... anyone knows about a 996sps with low mileage for sale? Standing in Skandinavia, UK or Germany would be just fine

Hold on

:cool:

#213 Driven, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  13. Passed my bike test a 16... Now 59 but had a few broken spells during which I ran out of money, got married, started a family .... I've owned a dozen bikes during the 40 or so years and I still have two. Sadly only one Ducati in all those years but hey, at least I got there in the end. Reflecting on the past, when I passed my test, you could have rolled up on a Bantem and left on a Bonnie ! Utter madness (but great fun) !

14. 26 had my first 900ss hailwood rep now 53 still have a few dukes :upyeah:

15. Average must be going up now Glid :wink:

16. It's going to go up a wee bit more on Sunday :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm 21 and on a 1098S!

Gotta love being a gas man :D haha

18. Gotta love your insurance premiums :upyeah:

19. Errrrrmmmmm yeah let's not get into that haha

Do Not Sell My Personal Information