1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Average Ducati riders age?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by slof, May 17, 2013.

1. what could possibly go wrong :eek:

you be careful son!

2. Trust me last thing I want to do is bin it! Especially after the amount I've just spent in her :)

I'm just waiting for the dad figure lecture from everyone now haha

3. I just remember what I was like at that age, I managed to put my one week old 205 Gti 1.9 on it's roof!

4. I managed to do that to my last car, Mum wasn't happy when I said I was buying a bike. First bike was a 2003 ZX6R which was brilliant! Got the duc because I fancied something different to what every man and his dog seems to have (Jap 1000's).

I like to think I've learnt my lesson after my last car!

5. 44 and first Duke. I had a couple of jap bikes before a break from riding. Ownership for me definately related to disposable income.

6. Sounds like I'm a distinctly average - 46 :frown:

The 999s is my first Duc. Never thought I'd own one but the price was right and the bike too immaculate to walk away. Absolutely love it. Nearly 20 years biking, mostly japs until I traded in a VFR800vtec for the much more interesting Benelli Tornado (also a keeper) which gave me a taste for Italian bikes...

7. 45, riding Ducati since I was 29.

8. As I said earlier in the thread, I'm 46, but I'm not an average Ducati rider, I'm exceptional !!! :upyeah:

I'll get me coat..........

9. im 30 been riding the duke for 2 years

10. Andy age 45 first Ducati !!!!!!!! still feel as young as I was at 18 , wish I had of bought one at eighteen

11. if i want to piss off my younger mates i just tell them what i pay for my insurance £112 fully comp for the 999S,:smile: i have a mate in his early 40s that is still paying £800 for his 14 year old R1:eek:

12. If you live in Oslo, are male, less than 30 years old and buy a R1, they will charge you more than £9000 a year in insurance.
    Norway used to have the highest % in the world of sportbikes pr 1000 bikes sold.
    Today Harleys sell better here - they've managed the art of turning gaz into sound without producing hp's.

13. I bought my first Ducati in '74 .........

14. 52 and my first Ducati (MS 1200S Touring).
    Been riding since 1977 :)
    Still got my R1 for track days and my ZRX for honing.

15. Working in Poland at the minute bought my Duc here and my Insurance only cost 120Zl which equates to 24 Quid for the year. Roads and country side Similar to The Lakes in Cumbria Going on a run tomorrow 290Km.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 36 with my first ducati this year, would have had one much sooner if I could have afforded it!

17. So do we have an average age now?

40 to 45 I'd guess.

18. 47, my first Duke, an ST. Very similar riding position to my FZ750. I cant get on with racing bikes as the riding position is too far forward and i broke both my wrists which are painful after long riding. So Im having to stick with tourers and commuters really.

19. Anyone can work it out. Just go back to the last calculation, add the new ages to the total written in small script and and the new members to the smaller number written in small script and divide one by the other.

20. I'm 59, I started on a 250 Royal Enfield & have had loads of bikes since, more than I can remember .Duc wise I have had 3 ST2s which I have generally used for touring in Europe including trips to Moto GPs. I currently have a 93 900SS that is very nearly ready after a rebuild.As my favourite T shirt says "When I get to old to ride somebody please shoot me"

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information