1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&b On The Wild Atlantic Way

Discussion in 'Touring' started by West Cork Paul, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Still very much on my radar though thoughts of sharing such a trip this year with my delightful pillion friendly girlfriend of a year and half came to a crashing end when, in November, she went off with a so called mutual friend. Only twigged that when she asked if she could have the almost £2 of biking gear I'd bought her, he's a biker too. Buggered if I'm outfitting her to ride of into the sunset with her now bloke. Onwards and upwards :rolleyes:

• Love You Love You x 1
  2. No wonder she pissed off mate if you only spent a couple of quid on her ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Looks class paul..I'm in donegal and itching to get down to schull as know a few fishermen down there".i will give you a pm before I head down to see if you have any availability.
    Sean.

• Like Like x 1
  4. @West Cork Paul What’s the likelihood of the quarantine rules for travelers direct to Ireland being relaxed by August IYO?

5. The Govt is due to put out a green list next Monday which will set out those countries who do not need to quarantine on arrival, this will be based upon incidence of cases and R number in their own countries. Your guess is as good as mine but I am guessing the UK will be on that list. However, that’s not a given as the daily number of new cases is rising since the latest easing of lockdown restrictions (June 29) and the R number is now back up above 1 again. In fact just yesterday the Govt announced the reopening of pubs would be delayed until 10/8 and the wearing of face coverings in enclosed public places ie shops etc is now mandatory.

Having said all that, there are a significant number of UK registered vehicles around who come in via N Ireland and who are not abiding by the 14 day quarantine ruling. They must either be ignorant of the rules or are just completely ignoring them. Although having said that the ‘rules’ are not laws yet, merely guidelines which, until enshrined into law, neither the police nor the public health authorities can do anything about. It’s a complex situation due to the fact we’re an island but 2 countries.

However, in summary, although the R number is above 1 again the number of actual new cases is small and is, on the whole, confined to large clusters centred house parties and I reckon the UK will be on the green list, so you should be fine.

My advice though would be wait until Sept when the school holidays are over, it’ll be a much nicer time and the weather is still good.

If you've not done so already you may want to check out www.swi500.ie

All the best:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. If you want to know what to do on the Northern end of the WAW then have a look at RichyVida's trip.
    Good way to pass an evening!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Donegal is the only county on the WAW untravelled by me so far but that will be rectified this Sept :):upyeah:. Happy to offer advice on all parts of it :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information