1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back After Accident

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Jesus my little shoulder op pales into insignificance reading that lot !! Hope you have a speedy recovery :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Get well soon, and back on a new bike,

3. GWS Perry, that sounds like some off. Very best wishes for as fast a recovery as possible fella

4. GWS mate.
    Long road of physio, but you sound like you'll cope with that ok.:upyeah:

5. You've been very unlucky but on the other hand extremely lucky, Sounds pretty horrific, GWS mate

6. I didn't like reading about your misfortune.

Here's to a full and speedy recovery.

TB

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Fuck dude...
    It's easy to say get well soon, but the reality is alot more than that...
    We, as bikers, I personally think, don't dismiss this stuff, but kinda put it to the back of our minds or we wouldn't ride....
    It can and does happen...
    I'm greatful to have not have suffered anything like what you are going through .
    I genuinely wish you the fastest least painfully recovery ever...

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Ahh mate that doesn't sound good to say the least, however I wish you a very speedy full recovery . Get well soon!

9. Bloody Nora Mr !!!!
    Glad your still here to tell the tale
    Some injuries there get yourself better real soon

10. Yep gonna have to see it!
    Good luck on your road to recovery.

11. Shit @PerryL PM me where you are if up for visitors :upyeah:

12. Get Well Soon Perry

13. Sorry to hear about your accident. Not dismissing your serious injuries but it sounds like you've had a close call there. All the best for a reasonably fast and complete recovery.

14. Blimey. Get well soon dude. :(

15. Hi @PerryL, recovering from getting a bit banged up myself, but your situation is a whole lot worse. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Holy Moly Perry!!! GWS and here is to a speedy recovery...Topo

17. GWS. At least you are still here to tell the story, that's the main thing.

I think it's fairly standard for insurance companies to try to cop out of admitting liability.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Hi Perry... Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck....

At least you are all there and on the mend....

All the best for a speedy recovery....

The insurance companies dodge responsibility as much as possible...

When I got rear ended at a roundabout (I was stopped) .... my insurance settled quickly (Hastings) for the bike... at a reasonable market value but would not refund policy or excess...

Then the legal team... were slow... recovered just about 1/2 of what I was claiming for and took 7 months... best we can do... we think the offer is reasonable... so if you want to go further its at your risk and cost...

No compensation for lost time as I took holidays for the hospital and physio, no compensation for lost accessories as I did not have all receipts, no recovery of lost extended warrantee (Ducati do not issue refunds or transfer), no recovery of lost equity in the bike..

So I would suggest you get a good legal team involved.. not just rely on your insurance company appointed one...

At one point I had to point out that my motorbike does not have reverse gear to reverse under the guys car... so clearly its his fault.... as they wanted to go 50 / 50 .....

Get healthy first.... but get good legal advice too..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  19. Feck me !!! Sounds like you are lucky to be alive, good luck with the recovery.

20. Best of luck perry

Do Not Sell My Personal Information