1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back After Accident

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Jun 20, 2019.

1. I wish that I was still in hospital! Had physio every day plus medical staff who know their business. This place has no medical staff and rather than enablement, it is more like dsablement! The supermarket is next door and my shopping day is Thursday. I walk around the building every day which is my choice for enablement. The staff here suggested getting a taxi - at my expense - to the spermarket next door! My reaction was one of sheer disbelief!

That's another test failed - I should of started watching 'Pointless' on tv with my mouth open an my head bowed ready for sleep. This place is like The Eagles 'Hotel California' where you can check out but never leave!

2. Life on Mars mate, life on Mars. Who knows what is real and what isn’t? I’ve often thought that. What is reality anyway?

Damn..... that’s different weed tonight:neutral:

Seriously, it could just be the meds’ you’re on

3. Life On Mars is exactly right! Maybe a Ford Capri is the right car for me!

Another strange thing! About 2.5 months after the accident, I had my first shower. One ear was really gunked up and I took out what I thought was a huge piece of ear wax. I've been thinking about this for a while and just realized that it was an ear plug. I guess that the other side just fell out when they took my helmet off!

So, I must of been wearing an ear plug for a long time! I wonder, if I had died, they would of buried me with an ear plug in!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. It must have felt great to be in the shower after such a long time. Your hearing has dramatically improved, almost double what it was. You are making progress!

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Blimey, that in itself is enough to disorientate you. Best of luck with your continued recovery.

6. Given that my Monster has been written off (although yet to see any money, though) and given that I will have a strong enough left leg to handle a big bike, my next bike would be a Multistrada. Probably an older one like 1000DS. Anyone had/got one? Any good?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Had one, 1000ds. Good fun, like a big supermoto. Brakes are terrible.

8. love them to bits, possibly mainly because they are a lot of bike for the money. I've been happy with my brakes Paul, could be different compound pads maybe. Lots of help on here and there is a dedicated Multistrada Forum:- http://www.multistrada.net/index.php where lots of "Aircooled" gremlins are often cured (apart from ECU/software).

• Like Like x 1
  9. I tried different bikes, different pads, always wooden and terrible. I blame the funny discs!

10. yes, mine vibrate when cold but ok apart from that. Brembo calipers are same as fitted to 851 and many others, as you say, perhaps your discs weren’t true :thinkingface:

#90 Chris, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  11. I had one a while back, ridiculously good fun , comfortable & capable . Early ones had a particularly terrible side stand and I think problems with fuel tanks if I recall correctly . As with the ST range, you can get very good ones for not very much money.

12. I’m glad to read your thinking about the future and a future which still includes bikes. Good man:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. you're spot on with the sidestand, just swapped over one on my older bike. Unless stored warm and moisture free then tank will stretch eventually but it's only a problem when removing/refitting as it fouls on rear sheet crossmember (but this can be massaged). Earlier tanks did distort around fuel pump assy flange which was far more serious of course. 1000DS with removable L/H panel can lose this quite easily due to poor front fixing design but most owners tie-wrap at front. Looms are a bit flimsy and problematic but probably no more than 749/999. Worst problem that is probably behind low purchase price is the instrument panel which is fine if kept bone dry and mostly out of the rain but plastic housing becomes literally like cheese now it's 16 years old plus sealing method inadequate. New (was still available a year ago) price is high of course and secondhand complete sets rarely come up.

• Useful Useful x 2
  14. I liked the DS had a lot of fun riding and pillion :upyeah:

15. Yeah, I heard they are quite "vibey"

16. Not as much as my Dizzy

17. And, more importantly, just remembered that I have no flipping riding kit!!!

18. Family pressure now.

Although this accident was not my fault - the Police and other party agree that it was the other driver's fault - my family is very against me riding again. I dunno what to do about it as I wanna get back to riding. I took it to mean no road riding and so I would go back to racing! That was lead balloon time. Anyone got any bright ideas?

19. Very difficult things families, they don't like bike accidents at all.

How are you doing health wise?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information