1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back After Accident

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Thanks for all the comments (but not the 'eye candy'!).

I have a solution, I think. I will avoid the argument by sorting out my other bikes. The ST2 is in my garage at home and I was in the middle of a valve check. I finish that and say it needs road testing. That means taxing and insuring it. After road test, I need to get my ST3 back from Salisbury - it just needs new nearside mirror and battery, possibly. Another excuse as it can't stay at my brother's forever and can't be sold there. That's two bikes back on the road and Austria here I come!!!

2. That's what I call a plan :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Funny how his conversation never takes place if you have an accident in a car ?
    My wife used to worry about me when I was out on the bike, never tried to stop me, but always worried about me.
    I lost her last month due to cancer, which may have been caused by smoking, make out of it what you will.

• Love You Love You x 2
  4. Blimey! Sorry about your loss mate :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. How about you tell them you will go out with a local bike school with intercom so that you are with someone else
    A bit like have lessons again

My kids didn’t want me to get back on again I think that’s had a lot to do with not getting back on in the past

I would have to sneak out :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. E-Bike would be best for sneaking out ;) Termis would give you away :eek:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. All the best in your continuing recovery Perry and hope your cunning plans all come to fruition!

My two sons both ride and I just have to trust them to always expect the car in front (or behind) to try and kill them. They have both had bikes written off (125's) when they were the innocent victim of bad driving (rear collision & U turner in a Q)

8. I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s a cruel world. Your initial point though exactly sums up my attitude to bike accidents. Statistically I suppose that being thrown from a fast moving bike with nothing except what you’re wearing to help you survive is more of a problem than crashing with a metal box around you but an accident is an accident & no one ever does say maybe you shouldn’t drive after you’ve survived a car accident, even a bad one, well alright maybe her maj had a word with Philip after his little off road excursion but as a rule it’s not ever an issue & yet as you say, what you or others value most can so easily be taken away, no matter what you choose to do.
    I’ll give up riding when I want to or when I’m no longer physically or mentally able to do it safely. Other than that, que sera sera.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Given that I am an impatient so-and-so, bored out of my mind here (in the old peoples home) and likely to piss everyone off by going home soon (and doing mods to the house myself, rather than waiting for hell to freeze over) my focus turns on getting another bike. I think that I may struggle with a Multistrada but does anyone have any Guzzi experience (good or bad)? Can we talk Guzzi here, or should it just be Duke?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Your thread you talk what you want too :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. What about a scrambler :)

12. No Guzzi experience at all apart from liking Le Mans 850's -but I doesn't everyone! I admire your spirit and energy Perry & hope you find the right bike for the right money.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bit of a beast for a come back would it be better to start off lighter :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Let's not take the piss...next you will be mentioning Diavels

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Awwww :worried: no
    Was thinking of ease really

• Love You Love You x 1
  16. Scrambler would be an deal choice, to stay with Ducati, build confidence again and ease of use following a big off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I'm was looking for something capable of getting to Austria, but my ST2 and ST3 can do that. Makes sense to wait and get home. Finish the ST2 valve check and see how I cope with weight of it. A smaller bike, like the scrambler may make sense to start with.

• Like Like x 2
  18. My scrambler got me to Austria!!!
    Once I found Austria....

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Good luck with it all though dude and joking aside, the scrambler is probably one of the easiest bikes ever to ride.
    Small/low, light, light clutch and a good turning circle.

• Like Like x 3
  20. I'm leaving the madhouse! - well, despite whatever the council think, this is an old people's home - and my family is organising any work privately, as we can't wait for hell to freeze over! Everything will go on the insurance claim. Hastings Direct were supposed to be paying for my food here but we haven't seen a penny. Their loss as the claim will be big!

Will be Sunday or Monday. Will still do physio and might join a gym.

Anyone here got, or has had, a canal narrowboat?

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information