1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back In The Game, 899 For Starters

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by R1stan, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Hi all,

Thought I would say hi to all, see what lessons, tips, meet-ups you chaps have over the coming months now that I am a 899 owner - well will be by the end of the week.

ignore the R1 username, it’s what I have used for years - loved the R1 back in the day so thought I would stick with the same username I had before, consistency and all that.

Not had a bike for about 5 or 6 years and been fighting the bug for the last few years so finally took the plunge and decided now is the time, everyone else calls it a mid life crisis.

anyone organise any bike meets over the Spring/Summer months? I am located in Surrey.

• Like Like x 6
  2. You're showing as Surrey and there are quite a few members there and a few places they meet up, hopefully a few will pop a reply soon, welcome

3. Welcome :upyeah:

4. hello and welcome dude...

5. Welcome Dave

6. Cheers all,

If someone can speed up the summer that would be great. The longer I wait for more I tinker and already thinking about potential mods..

7. There’s always a bunch at box hill

8. Welcome dude

9. Hi & welcome

10. Hello and welcome

11. Welcome Stan, I have a couple of older R1's :)

12. Hi and welcome to the Ducati forum from a fellow Surrey rider, where are you based ?I'm local to Woking

13. Molesey so not too far at all.

14. Welcome to the Forum Stan, we like pictures of bikes:upyeah:

15. Welcome and enjoy!

16. Hi all, the bike I was gonna get didn’t work out, not too worried as I would have needed to buy termi’s and it had a few chips on the front screen. Appreciate I am buying a 5 year old bike so not expecting showroom.

I have now put a deposit down on this, went to see the bike and looked in good nick plus it has some nice mods and original parts.

thoughts, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274162429664 Being sold by Suffolk motorcycles in Ipswich. Agreed price at 8150

hoping to collect this weekend.

17. Looks a lovely bike

18. Welcome to the forum

19. Welcome along.

20. Looks lovely mate. Private I'd say over, but dealer that's fair.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information