1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Back On The Road After A Little Rest!

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Nick Collins, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Many thanks:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. it's a 94 Strada, and yes I have the correct wheels:)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Does it have an Ohlins rear shock absorber and did you change the front disc brakes?

Seeing as it has a carbon air box and if the brakes are std and it has an ohlins rear shock you may want to check with Ducati to see if it’s an SP.

Only 310 SP’s were made in 94

4. Pretty sure it's a Strada, even though it does have a Ohlins shock and full floater's, I think a previous owner wanted to make a SP replica.
    I know it would be worth more if I put it back to standard but I really like the way it looks as it is.
    Took it out for a spin this afternoon in my textile gear instead of leathers and what a difference! way more comfortable and 100 miles brought no real aches and pains (could be because my leathers are ten years old and bought when i was a bit less broad:D)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Have you fitted those new belts yet?

6. Easy to tell if it’s a Strada or SP
    Strada has one injector each cylinder and SP has 2

Hope for you there are 2

7. Yes, Rich at Moto R did the belts and gave it a service, put a new pair of tyres on as well so it rides really nice now ( far nicer than the Multi which I hate to say is a little dull, if 160 horse power can ever be dull?)

8. No it's single injector but has twin ignition 'pick ups' I think, it also has the script on the valve covers that wouldn't be there if it was a SP

• Like Like x 1
  9. OK so it’s a very nice Strada

The rear pickup is the RPM sensor for the P8 ECU

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Did 150mls this afternoon around Mid-Wales, a bit weird riding this after the Multi and it took half an hour to feel comfortable on it but after that it was happy days:D, the bike was faultless and ran perfectly but I can't say I was sorry to get off it when I got home!

• Like Like x 1
  11. You always look forward to getting off a Ducati, especially a 916, so that you can step back and look at it:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. You're not wrong!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information