1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back To A 1200r

Discussion in 'Monster' started by stevebetts, Feb 23, 2022.

1. I traded my black 1200R last year for a new Z900RS.
    Really nice bike, but it’s just not a monster. Lol
    I’m trading it in this weekend for a 2018 1200R.
    Can’t wait.
    974371CD-89BB-4F03-A6A8-FC9A21A00C2C.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  2. I’ve only covered around a 100 miles on mine so far. But I’m smitten. It’s the first bike I’ve owned for a while that I’m just as happy being out in the garage with the coffee on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Same here ^
    Cant wait for the summer to stack the mileage on :upyeah:

4. Best looking naked bikes in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. agree, they were so right to re-group and come back with the third version with it's steel tank. I think it almost challenges the first one for looks and overall package.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It wasn't on my radar until stumbling upon one when picking up the Hyper from service a couple of years back.
    Like you said,best looking naked.
    That one had sold so started searching around and after viewing a few which didn't match up to what I was looking for finally found the one I currently have.
    Happy days
    Before seeing one up close I was looking for a superduke or tuono haha

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wasn’t on my radar at all, happened to pop into Moto Rapido for a gear change rubber for my Uglystrada and while saying hello to Wilf, jokingly asked if he had any good deals, he just pointed to the Black R in the showroom… a week later I picked it up, no test ride, just jumped right in.

best impulse buy ever!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Much the same story with my 1200S, i was not looking for one at all until i came across it very near me and went to look out of curiosity. No test ride, just bought it. God knows what the R is like because the S with Termi and up map frightens the life out of me :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Collected bike today.
    Very happy
    755C2642-1A3F-4885-9B5C-5623DA67A2A1.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  10. Lovely :upyeah:
    Took mine from Bristol down to Paignton today, loved it, first big ride if the year

• Like Like x 1
  11. Think S turned up to 11…. They are epically good!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Two suggestions…
    1. Radiator guard from Evotech, replacement rads are about £700, they take a battering from crap off the front wheel. Evotech quality is first class - I’ve fitted rad and oil cooler guards, tail tidy, exhaust hanger, levers and front axle bobbins. All beautifully made.
    2. Lose the fork reflectors!!

Ped

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. +1 on the Evo tech stuff. Quality is excellent. So much better than R&G.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I’ve got the tail tidy and exhaust hanger so far. Still waiting for the guard set to come back in stock but I prefer ASV for levers although the evotech one are a much better price!!

15. So it looks like quite a few of us stumbled across this bike by accident.
    Like many bikes,it looks so much better in person than pictures.
    Especially this bike.

16. Future classic?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Definitely, last of its kind

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Anyone want to do a deal against a v4sf for a 1200r

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information