1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back To Life Ms 1000 Ds

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kraken SVQ, Apr 16, 2021.

1. That's the theory, but my 1000SSie wouldn't start after the battery was disconnected for a while and DID still spin the motor over.
    After resetting the immobiliser it started immediately.
    It's the same engine, ECU, and Linear TPS as your bike.
    Bearing in mind your less than perfect battery and the ECUs sensitivity to low voltage, I still be double checking the immobiliser was properly disabled.

Nasher.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The battery I have already changed, it is a new battery.
    The immobilizer is disconnected, I don't know what else I can do.
    If it is disconnected it should not affect anything else.
    When I bought the new ECU, it came with the immobilizer attached, and the starter would not turn, but when I disabled it, the starter would turn.

3. Indeed, the injectors are the next step, I can no longer be sure of anything, so I am going to disassemble them and hope to see them work.
    The battery is already changed.
    The lines coming out of the old fuel pump and the old fuel filter looked clean, but I have reached a point where I cannot assume anything, everything must be checked and seen with my own eyes.
    The problem may be the injectors, but it makes me suspect that I am not getting a signal from the electrical connector of the injector.

4. Thanks Sev,
    I'm in Seville, here there are also companies that clean injectors, but if they don't work, I'm not going to clean them, I don't think it's worth it. I have found them at 57 Euros, cleaning them would cost almost the same.

https://www.recambioscoches.es/magneti-marelli/1833875

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. You can connect a 9v block battery directly to the injector. That will open it and allow you to clean it with a toothbrush and spray some brake cleaner or another solvent through them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. It seems very easy, thank you

7. If the injectors are the issue I agree with you about replacing them rather than cleaning. For around €60 it's not worth the hassle.

Just be careful with the specification. I can only go on what Stein Dinse say (who I trust) and they list the Magneti Marelli injector as IWP162. Your link shows IWP 043 which doesn't have the same flow rate and is 4 hole, not 5.

Seville is a beautiful city. You're a lucky man to live there.

8. I do not remember where I read the equivalence of the injector, I think it has to do with the color of the body.
    This is a picture of an injector from a friend who has a Ducati 1000 GT, which has the same DS engine. It has a brown body and 4 holes, I have to assume that mine will be the same.
    However when I disassemble them I will confirm it.

Inyector.jpg

inyector 2.jpg

Indeed Seville is a wonderful city, with a warm climate and great people.
    Do not forget to let me know if you come to Seville, we will have a few beers while we talk about our hobby.

• Like Like x 1
  9. That sounds like a good plan. Have a look first and then order.

I'd like that. I've been thinking of going to Spain on the bike for a few years now. Not much of excuse needed to go back to Seville!

Once Covid has properly settled down though, so probably next year.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hi!! What happened? Did you succeed?

11. Hello Ben,
    I have been very busy and I have a little abandoned the project. I hope I can get back to it soon. I will keep you posted.
    Greetings

• Like Like x 3
  12. Multistrada 1000DS = IWP043 (Brown)
    Multistrada 1100 = IWP162 (White)

#112 Steve., Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Sorry to hear this thread go silent, prior to a happy ending.
    I'm having similar problems, but with a bike that was running quite happily until it died on the road a couple of weeks ago.
    Gotta think the ECU onboard diagnostics leave a lot to be desired. I've read many threads similar to this and very rarely are fault codes referred to. It seems that they are either not generated in the first place or, if they are, they are rarely associated with the real cause of the problem.
    We seem to be guessing about how the ECU and the OBD work. Magneti Marelli/ Ducati do not provide comprehensive documentation. Right to Repair!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information