1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Accident Sam1199s In Calafat,spain

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Monners, Feb 21, 2017.

1. @Sam1199S the being immobile and bed bound bit is the worst from my experience.

Little things like getting up for a piss or a glass of water that you take for granted. I was and have been bed bound a number of times and it was torturous to me because I, like you am a very active person with an equally active brain.

You'll get there matey, just keep your mind busy, I found that helped a lot.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Good to hear from you, good luck with the transfer :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nice to see you here Sam

The body is an amazing tool shutting down to help healing, may your feelings return as and when they heal

Rootin tootin for you keep on healing
    :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Sam, don't know you but wishing you all the best for your return to the UK, onward treatment and recovery.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Welcome back Dave :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  6. @Sam1199S

Good to hear you're in good spirits. Ive been there, bed ridden & long recovery. Positive attitude & listening to attractive female physios can get anyone moving!

Good to hear re the transfer, be nice for you to get home as such.

Keep the chin up !!

;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Stay positive matey, wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bloody hell, guess you're a bit stiff in the morning?! (that's what she said, etc...)

9. :tonguewink:

Yeah, it's weird I can almost tell when it's going to rain judging by the pain in my left knee.

Maybe I should work for the met office?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. You couldn't be any worse :D. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. @Sam1199S not heard anything much in here of late about your progress. How is it going? Managed to get back to the U.K. Yet?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1

12. Sorry I've not been on the forum for a while. A little update from me:

I returned to the UK on Monday 13th March and was admitted into Frimley Park Hospital to await a transfer to the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, Watford for rehab (basically to learn how to live life in a wheelchair or learn to walk again if movement comes back) Normally the waiting list is months but I've been fortunate in that I went to the top of the list and am literally about to head up there this morning. That'll be my home for the next 2months or so; at which point I'll be discharged back home.

So far the care has been amazing here - I've been whizzing around in a wheelchair and the physios have pushed me on no end. I'm doing things which normally take weeks for others to master they say! Having the upper body strength to start off with has really helped. I'm arriving at RNOH Stanmore well ahead of the normal patient progress wise so that should see me smash my way through the exercises and get home before the end of May as a goal.

I've regained some dull feeling in my right leg and the left has begun, slowly, to take on the same initial 'heat' feelings along it that the right started off with. The doctors here were super negative when I first arrived but I've told them from day one I'll be writing to them when I'm walking again in the future!! Regarding the signs of something returning they've been more positive about that but only time will tell what will truly happen.

I'm in very positive spirits and looking forward to the last leg of the journey from today

Further updates soon!

Thanks all again for the kind words, PMs and thoughts

Sam

• Like Like x 12
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. We need to start working on that bike of yours mate so it's ready for when you're back!!

I'll bring the T-Cut

• Like Like x 3
  14. Haha might need a harsher compound than that... it's a little second hand apparently! Royal is arranging sorting it out but it'll repair fine. It's front and rear end damage but mostly cosmetic with a few expensive bits needed. Nothing that can't be fixed

• Like Like x 1
  15. good luck sam. :upyeah:

16. Keeping healing Sam
    Keep that positivity going I'm rooting tooting for you :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Well done and good luck Sam

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mate, will pm you as I'm heading up to its current home near Silverstone to give it a going over this weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Top man, cheers [emoji123]

• Like Like x 2
  20. You are a massive inspiration to us all when it comes to strength of mind and determination Sam and all my thoughts are with you as you recover.

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information