1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bagnaia Or Dovi In Factory Team?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by MassimoVulto, Aug 4, 2020.

1. And how Rossi and Jlo weren’t ‘allowed’ to change the bike or work for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Remember spoilers...this isn’t a race thread it’s a discussion about riders future thread.....see other thread ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. this is all completely true, except worth noting that when it clicked for Jorge he was completely awesome on the Ducati, proper lead at the front performances, the pure speed of the guy when comfortable is something to behold. Most of Dovi’s wins have been dog fights or where he’s kept the pace as slow as he can to then have tyre at the end, still epic but someone like Marquez can just light it up from corner one, the only other guy of the recent years like that is Lorenzo when he’s confident, there was a stat about Lorenzo that on the 3rd sector of an outlap he’s already at race pace and if you haven’t seen the lap charts from his dominant years when he would do 15 laps in a race all within 1 tenth, it’s easy to see why he’s the only one who’s beaten MM to a title. That’s what the class needs, young super fast guy, rather than scratchers

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ZARCO!!

5. Scott!!....for the 2021 season.

6. My point was that couple of chaps here where already taling about sacking Dovi because he is not good enough for Ducati, whilst the last 4 years results prove he was the top Ducati rider.

When looking at general results Jorge is definitely a different league compared to Dovi, no doubts about this, 6 titles under his belt to prove. However, I was not comparing the 2 riders general result but was referring purely at the points or classifications achieved on the same bike. (well brand because the bikes are set up differently)
    Fair enough Jorge had couple of amazing races on the Ducati when he felt comfortable on the bike,(read Italian finally set up the bike as per his requests) but as we know couple of wins won't secure a title.
    IMO the Ducati (stubborn engineers, management, who knows why they would not listen?) and Lorenzo (willing to take less and less risks) “marriage" did not work out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Apparently Ducati are going to announce who at the Misano round next weekend.
    They have said it will between Bagnaia and Zarco, i think it will be Zarco but i definitely can see Scott being on the cards at some point especially if he wins the WSBK title this year, it would be good to see Scott getting a good factory ride.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Agreed,i would just love to see a Englishman winning again in the blue ribbon class,as opposed to nearly men that fall short everytime out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Who do you mean?o_O:joy:.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Round up the usual suspects.....why don't you.;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. :no_mouth:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I still think Zarco should get the Ducati seat and let Bagnaia spend one more year at Pramac, but as usual we are talking Ducati management and let's face it they have made some strange decisions in the past.

#55 WAYNE, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  13. yes it is possible

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dovi still has a sense of humour.

EiQruv_UYAAk84r.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. If Dovi wins this years championship what a quote to have on your leathers as you walk away. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Potentially he could be the first motogp championship winner for sometime without a TOP ride for next season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ducati will need to make the correct decision for the replacement, i was convinced it would be Zarco but i now think Bagnaia has it and Zarco to Premac, Miller is a prick talks the talk but never a title contender:D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information