1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bagnaia Or Dovi In Factory Team?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by MassimoVulto, Aug 4, 2020.

1. I know he’s Italian but Italian’s are very hard to work for.
    Until recently I had an Italian boss. Fuck me, he was hard work. In oil and gas I’ve had loads of site visits to Agip, ENI etc. Proper tricky fuckers.... And they struggle with British culture/humour.... particularly sweary fucking fuckers like Cal Crutchlow and Scott Redding.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dovi up is a great rider. The trouble is that’s he’s always the “nearly man” just like Dani Pedrosa. Ducati played it so he told them to stick it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Agree, but our friends in Italy Bellaria (Emilia-Romania) speak good English and they do understand our sense of humor with some explaining i must admit at times and there sense of humor is great with some explaining at times:laughing:, and staying in different regions it seems to be a regional thing as well, it's not until you spend time in the different regions you do notice the differences, sort of :joy:.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bagnaia was good today but blew it (threw it) about 6 laps from end, could easily have backed off a bit as over one second in front, guess that’s what another year might do for him. Dovi just does mister steady and takes the points, and money, to get to top of table. Don’t know who will take him for next year?
    Mal

• Like Like x 2
  5. His enthusiasm and fast pace was a breath of fresh air & the complete package hopefully will come later.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Amazed Dovi is still leading the championship after the last couple of rounds.
    This could really be his year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. He’ll have to up his game so he’s consistently finishing at least 5th ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ducati and him in particular need to put their differences to one side and get on with it,or it will be another wasted championship year down the drain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. He leads because, unlike Miller & Bagnaia, he finishes. Oh and Marquez is off games.

The irony of him winning the championship is I am sure, not lost on Ducati.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I keep wondering if they’ve started giving Bagnaia, Miller and Co better parts than Dovi is getting.
    Who knows with the complexity of Italian politics?

That would be crazy wouldn’t it? Who knows with the complexity of Italian politics?

11. One thing is for sure, lately the factory team has not been firing on all cylinders.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Apparently Bagnaia lost the front on a tear off or something, data shows exactly same inputs as the previous lap yet front washed out. Shame as he was looking unbeatable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. What comes to mind here is more ups and downs than a Yo,Yo...a bit like the factory Yamaha's for the past two / three years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. That’s it really isn’t it? Do Ducati want to win the championship, in which case it almost has to support Dovizioso, or has the bust up between them meant that they’ll cut their nose off instead of giving Dovizioso a winning bike. When I’ve seen the top speeds quoted, Dovi often seems to be on the fastest bike but I think his gripe was that it wouldn’t turn into the corners quick enough.

I reckon he still has an evens chance of taking the title since Marquez is not likely to get back into it with enough rounds left for him to win outright but he would just take a load of points and that makes it harder to know how that would pan out for all those currently near the top.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information