1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Bar End Indicator Wiring

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by psych0hans, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Ah I see I thought you had bought the combination bar end mirrors and indicators http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acatalog/Oval-Mirror-with-Indicators.html Like these

2. Yeah - there stuff is very high quality - i use the motoscope pro, munit and switch gear on my ktm 525 supermoto. My only complaint is their wiring guage they use is a little bit flimsy....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I have Rizoma fluid reservoirs that use mounting brackets that fit into the inboard ends of the bars, so I coudn't route the Oberon signal wires out that way. Instead I drilled small holes into the underside of each bar and fed the wires out through there. Once they are tied in with the rest of the loom from each bar's switchgear with enough slack to allow the bars to move freely, they are then fed in through the back of the front subframe and I also fitted OEM connectors, so they literally plug straight in to the connectors behind the nose fairing. Ive included a few photos for the benefit of the OP. Hope these help. If you need any further advice then please send me a PM. If you want to use the Oberon signals, you will need a billet alloy threaded adaptor which MotoWheels sell. The adaptor also doubles up as a mounting for their bar end mirrors.

20170315_102027.jpg 20170315_102034 (1).jpg electronics-02.jpg electronics-03.jpg electronics-04.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Hi, thank you for your reply. Here's what I have achieved so far. I still need to receive the bar end indicators, as the first set I received broke and had to be sent back. I actually made my own adapters which thread into the stock handlebars and have room for the mirrors and the bar ends to thread into them. I made the adapters in such a way, so as to increase the overall length of the bars by about 10-15mm. Also, the adapters are drilled through, so I'll be running the wiring through the bar and out the other end through the plastic end caps.
    IMG_6163.JPG IMG_6165.JPG
    For some strange reason this one won't thread in all the way, so I'm going to have to take it to my workshop to have it seen to.
    IMG_6166.JPG
    [​IMG]

#25 psych0hans, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  5. Thank you so much for your reply. Really helpful, this is definitely the way I'm going to go as well. Where did you get the OE connectors? Should I just cut mine out of the mirrors? I'm in India, so ordering them would take too long. Also, my bar end indicators have built in DRLs, so I'll be connecting those to the headlight/drl wiring as well.

6. I would not recommend cutting off the mirror OEM connectors as you may very well want to return the bike back to stock when you eventually come to sell it on. You can pick up a set of connectors here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-Turn-Signal-Connector-Harness-848-1098-1198-OEM-/361063942839

You can attach these to the Oberon wiring or whatever bar end signals you intend to use (remembering that LEDs are polarity sensitive so if they dont work when you test them, switch the wires around) then simply heat shrink over the point of connection and feed them through the subframe to connect to the loom behind the fairing. Not sure about the DRL lighting, but you can get hold of a copy of the wiring diagram online for the 1299 which will allow you to identify which wires you will need to splice into for the running lights. Presumably you will have to run a separate feed wire through your bars for the DRLs. Good luck.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information