1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Bar End Mirrors

Discussion in 'Monster' started by tcrofty7, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Mirror blanks fitted. Very expensive for what they are but they look OK to me :upyeah:

20210213_130258.jpg

20210213_130310.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm a fan of bar end mirrors, got these CRGs on my Monster;

[​IMG]

I like that they fold in and then return to the set position so no need to fiddle with them on the go.

[​IMG]

Rear visibility is surprisingly good for a small mirror, better than either of my other bikes which have larger mirrors that show a nice view of my elbows.

I did think about fitting the bar end jobbies on the other bikes but they don't really lend them selves to clip ons as they end up too far back.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have fitted the same blanking plugs to mine ,as you say pricey ,but very well made and i was struggling to find any others in the uk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 89413DA8-91FF-4A53-AD9B-64804E716CB1.jpeg

I made some tapered bolts (extreme left of picture) - cap head bolt, spinning in a drill held in the vice, then “sanded” down with a belt sander! Lol! Kept me busy for ten mins!

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've tried at least 5 different types of mirror on the Monster... I really like the look of the bike without mirrors, but we all know that is just a bit risky. So, having tried bar end mirrors and still not being happy (my problem, not the mirrors), I tried this:

Mini mirrors.jpg

Surprisingly effective and low profile...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Just replaced the Rizoma's I cracked with the same without the branding. Simply Awesome. I much prefer this look going forward.
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/attachments/89413da8-91ff-4a53-ad9b-64804e716cb1-jpeg.232571/
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/attachments/20210211_105731-jpg.232361/
    On this note, my black M1200R is just a keeper. I would not know what to replace it with, as everything looks too plastic.
    Moreover, I've spent a king's ransom on upgrades.
    Screenshot from 2020-08-10 11 05 44.png

#26 DarR, Dec 8, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I went for a similar solution, I don't like mirrors that stick up too high like factory ones or out too wide like bar end types. I bought some bar end mirrors that had a 22mm clamp and just put them further in.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Can you actually see out of them though ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Agree, elbow intrusion is bad enough on stock items.

10. I find these are good, no vibs and slight tint to the glass 20230930_130929.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Are they fitted the right way round?
    IMG_4028.jpeg
    I bought some recently and fitted them as above (photo from internet)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Is there a right way and a wrong way ? Surely, it has to work for the buyer. The way the picture you posted has them would be pointless for me with a 48” chest and broad shoulders, my preference would be for the way @NSR500 has the mirrors fitted. Andy

#33 Android853sp, Dec 10, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. They can be fitted whatever way suits, I prefer them that way, had them the same way on my MT10 too.

• Like Like x 3
  14. IMG_4029.jpeg
    These guys must be puny !
    :)

(Photo courtesy of the internet)

15. Just realised your post was a picture from the internet, sorry about that, edited my post a bit to reflect that. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  16. They are a lovely product.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. My Son has those fitted to his MX125, they’re a good mirror at their price point.
    Previously fitted to my M900 and now on my GasGas 700SM are the reassuringly expensive Rizoma Spyballs, they’re a small mirror but give excellent rearward views.
    As I found out Friday whilst being pursued by a Skoda Octavia Police car with his Blues flashing in the distance……..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18519586...0wvcr6y2ycfv5RBXqqKPSjqy_jwhtXa0aAqKcEALw_wcB

• Like Like x 2
  18. I had them on my KTM 790 as NSR has, your way all I got a view of was my arm, Son has them twisted vertically.:)

He hates them at night due to the tinting of them.

#39 DucatiScud, Dec 10, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
  19. I have this joy of finding out when it stops raining/ back pain has subsided.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information