1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bar - Stewards, Speeding.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Broduc64, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Speeding is 100% guilty until you prove your innocent, but btw if you ask for evidence its because you are guilty.

HMRC are now applying exactly the same tack: you prove you don’t rather than we prove you do.

TV licensing too. Others I’m sure

But we continue sleepwalking into more and more...

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. im sure the local force stopped at nothing to poole all their resources to identify the main offender for a 34 in a 30 speeding offence.....is that even within the scope for an offence?

3. And there's me thinking a police officer is supposed to be an expert witness, yet you come out with what amounts to:

"Yes, he's wrong.......but I can't be sure he's wrong" Look great in your little notebook wouldn't it?

Anyway, how can I be wrong when I admitted to not being sure, but more importantly how can you be right if you "aren't sure"?

Properly read what I posted and then read what you posted.

Some expert:rolleyes:..........seems more like a typical self-opinionated Plod.

4. anyone would think you are bitter...oh dear!

oh yeah top tip dont assume..

5. I hate to say it (and I really hope I'm wrong) but I think a ban is inevitable. I hope the judge is lenient and it doesn't impact too much on your livelihood. There a few slight silver linings to this. Firstly you were doing an impressive speed which is worthy of a few brownie points when it comes to bragging rights. Secondly I'm impressed with your bike as my Supersport starts to shake itself to pieces at anything over 80mph. And if you have grandchildren then your street cred status will have been escalated from crusty to legend in just one move! Seriously though good luck, hope it all works out ok.

• Like Like x 4
  6. 86 in a 60, 2 week ban and a £125 fine. The reason I got banned was because I pleaded guilty I had to fill in a financial impact statement before attending court, if it looks like the maximum fine they can give you wont ‘actually’ impact you they go for the ban, just to piss you off. So top tip dont go showing off how much you earn.
    On a plus side, 2 weeks ban no real hassle, absolutely no impact on my insurance and of course if your banned you dont get any points although I’m not sure if it removes any standing on your licence already.
    My other tip is if it was you then go to court and take the concequences, all the crap advice you get from barrack room lawyers on forums will only cause you problems or put money in the pocket of solicitors.

• Like Like x 2
  7. So much for the 110% of limit +2 mph theory :(

TB

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Not sure how any of us survived with out your expert opinion correcting us all - and if you are referring that I’m a lying as per “ not sure that’s the scope for an offence” then I”ll furnish you with the bloody ticket

9. Do you realistically believe there were police officers hunting around looking for a white ducati in relation to such a minor offence...please ffs!

and its quite a relevant point!!! 34 in a 30 at most it should be a speed workshop or in fact offered one, unless you were offered that and didn't qualify due to having done it previously. My point is, i think you were hard done by... third paragraph but you know best!

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 15.29.08.png

10. I was as per my comment it’s cheaper to attend the course that contest it !

And I have no idea why they took pictures of the three Ducati’s at the porkies cafe just outside waddesdon not far from OYB, however I find it a strange coincidence that a week later a I get a letter through the post - or why my other half that was riding with me on the day in question didn’t get done, even though we were both sure we did not ride through Whitchurch village that day

I can not see any reason why take pictures of stationary motorcycles and totally agree seems a little excessive for 34 in a 30

11. there you go, you know it makes sense.....:upyeah:
    heres a freedom of information request aimed at TVP albeit from 2009 ... it appears you may well of been hard done by!

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 16.05.12.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bitter? No.......Assume? No..........I knew exactly what type of Plod you were the first time I met you.:grinning:

13. still assuming then...ah the wood for the trees!

14. You aren't pompous and sarcastic, then.:p

15. My agree is to the tax; My sister is in the force and they have to do what they are told to do.
    These policies are dropped in from upon high. Speed and drink feature heavily fatal and serious road traffic accidents. Once you've had to deal with a few of these, your attitude hardens. 97mph in a 60mph is hardly slipping over the limit.
    All this from someone who's been banned twice in his lifetime for excessive speed.

#75 AirCon, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. winters here..........

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. With all their budgets cut this is an easy option to make money, I agree, but I was speeding, have to hold my hand up and pay up, lesson learned.

Haha, I was on my Multi, the Superlight is in the garage waiting for some tlc over the winter.

• Like Like x 3
  18. When I did a speed awareness course (that was a total and utter waste of time) the first question we were asked was how many had been on this course before. About 30% put up their hands. The instructor thought that proved how successful the course was. Huh?

At the end we were shown a reconstruction on one of the worst ever crashes on the M4. The idiot in charge then told us this accident as due to speeding - although there was no evidence at all that this was the case. It was clear to the audience that the accident occurred due to thick fog and people driving too close together.

The driver who started the sequence claimed that he was distracted by a bird flying in front of him. The instructor (with that smug look that only c*nts who do this - as well as the van operators) made a big thing of the fact that they got an expert witness to testify that birds don't fly in fog and so the sequence of bangs was started by a liar.

A few days later, it was very foggy as I walked to the bus stop. I bird flew out right in front of me. Whilst I accept that birds will not voluntarily fly in fog but if they are startled or scared by something then they will not just sit there to be somebodies snack, but will flee.

So, in short, I think that the course was shit and is only worthwhile to save you 3 points. Ours descended into a farce after the film as people queued up to tell the instructor that the film was shit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. I did the speed awareness course earlier this year.

It wasn't too bad, I was disappointed that when they put pictures of different scenarios up and asked what speed you would approach each situation, I asked Car or Bike and was told we weren't considering bikes :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. Probably because they didn't want the answer to be 'slamming down through the box from 110mph with the back end squirming'.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information