1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Bar Vibrations Cured :-)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by MG1200S, May 29, 2017.

1. I was suffering some annoying vibrations which made my left hand feel numb after any prolonged riding above 6,000 revs. I recently fitted some Evotech Performance Bar Ends which have reduced the vibrations to negligible levels... 170 mile trip with some spirited riding yesterday and my hand felt fine. So highly recommended. I bought mine on eBay for about £45.

2. Might just look into that!!

3. Got any pics?

4. Anyone know if these will fit the regular 2016 Multistrada 1200 DVT, or are they Enduro only?

5. I asked Evotech and they did not know.

Photos of bar ends and guards look very similar between Enduro and normal Multi.

So I ordered a set yesterday so hopefully will let you know over the weekend if they are interchangeable / fit to standard DVT multi.

6. I can CONFIRM the Enduro Bar Ends do fit on the Multi S 2015 to 2017.

They basically just swap places with the standard metal pieces each side of the hand guard and reuse the brass expanding wedge of the old Bar End.

As above these parts are heavier (Steel) than the standard (Aluminium) pieces and also interlock better to the bar end and each other than the standard bar Ends.

Will post pictures later.

7. That's great... Have they cured any bar vibrations you had....? it's the best £45 I've spent on a bike.

8. No Chance to ride it yet

Will report back later.

9. Photos as Promised
    2017-06-02 09.38.45.jpg 2017-06-02 09.38.45.jpg 2017-06-02 09.38.56.jpg 2017-06-02 09.39.53.jpg 2017-06-02 09.40.08.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Lots of folk spend £££ fitting lightweight parts - carbon-fibre, magnesium, titanium - to save a few grams of weight. Except for handlebar ends, where they spend £££ fitting heavier parts. Funny old world!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ducatis are like women, they need weight in the right places.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Well - did 130 mile ride this morning - much less vibration than before.

Now its just the bike you feel not the high frequency low oscillation vibration that causes the hands to go numb.

Now all I need to find is a fix for the old age - so that I can move when I get off after 130 miles - instead of being stiff.

But partly my fault as it was colder than I thought - and I only wore my Summer Jacket - That lets the air through...

Even had the Ice Warning light up around Brecon.

13. Make the most of it Simon, it only gets worse :worried:

14. Had the same on previous blackbirds. Took out the factory ones and replaced them with jazzy spangly colour coded light weight ones, the vibration increase was very noticeable. Put the standard ones back in, it reduced, put in some after market heavier ones and the vibe was not something that that I thought about after that.

I think it's also worth mentioning particularly on bikes with proper bars rather than clip ons. They are all set to the same angle at the factory and sometimes just adjusting the angle slightly can improve the vibing and numbness due to angle/hand/wrist positioning. It's worth tinkering a little bit , even more so as it's free time.

15. I was suffering pins and needles/ numbness in both hands so got some lead off a pal and made some weights. I stuck a rod down the bar to see if anything would stop and there is. The weights they are 150mm long by about 10mm diameter and have been out 3 times now and yesterday did 300+ miles and hands were great :upyeah:If you want to take them out i just use a long screw

2017-06-04 13.55.12.jpg

2017-06-04 13.55.22.jpg

2017-06-04 14.07.49.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. That's a good idea.

On my 2015 DVT - I did similar - I made a lead plug using 2 bolts, some heatshrink and lead shot.

I did the same on this one (2017)

It helped but did not completely cure the issue.

Now the heavier bar ends are there the issue is gone completely.

Lead sheet rolled is a good way - probably heavier than shot and also does not need to be contained in heat shrink to stop it getting in swiches.

17. Glad this thread was started. Only had the 1200S 2017 for 3 weeks and suffering from numbness in the throttle hand. Nearly 4,000kms later I've tried different gloves, relaxing my grip even further and, altering my posture.. All to no avail.

Already ordered some Grip puppies but after reading this I think the bar ends will ordered tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information