1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Barkbusters Save The Day (again)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by steveb123, Oct 21, 2019.

1. I think I paid about £94

2. @steveb123
    Following your post, I am seriously looking at these until Ducati mounts the reservoirs independently from the plastic hand-guards.

3. Same here. Ordered a set from Twisted Throttle.

4. Mine have arrived but I haven't opened the parcel yet. Should have time tomorrow to fit them.

5. Here are my impressions and install. Solid kit, very well made. Color offset from handle bar is not too bad, but then again I am colorblind.... Located all harnesses below the bar clamp, clutch / front brake hoses remained over clamp. LED turn signals are easily cleared - I followed the gray plastic outside part to locate the 'backbone' (as Barkbusters call it).

IMG_3049.jpg IMG_3050.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sorry, this is such a late question guys.
    Was there any issue with bar/fairing clearance on full lock? Any adjustment to lock-stops etc?

Thanks in advance.

7. I bought some after a zero speed drop on my 1200 DVT which cost me about £250 to sort out. They were a good investment as the second zero speed cost me nothing apart from a small scratch on part of the black plastic on the front fairing. The busters took the brunt otherwise it would have been yet another handguard and reservoir bracket.

Ive now got rid of the Multi and the BB's wil be going up for sale shortly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shoboshi,
    In short, no, not at all.

Regards
    TonyN

9. There should be no problem with clearance on full lock, at least in my experience with the standard screen.

Make sure you get the correct Bike Specific Hardware Kit:
    • BLG-013 1200 & 1200S MY 10-14
    • BLG-016 1200 & 1200S MY 15+, 1200 Enduro MY 16+ & 1260 MY 18+
    • BLG-017 950 MY 17+ & 950 MY 19+

10. Thank you fellas.
    I will pass on the info. to my friend.

IanR... let me have first dibs please. I’ll let my mate know some are available.
    Pm when you’re ready.

Cheers.

Norm.

11. If the man above does not want them speak to me please.

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. funny you should mention that.....I ve just given in and fitted some Barkbusters, proper ones for the bike , correct fitting kit etc, and it fouled the screen mounting on full lock both sides, now I suspect its my doing, as I have the bars rolled forward slightly for comfort,
    it is however less than 5 mins work to adjust the lockstops so it doesnt foul anymore
    as for the Barkbusters themselves, the usualy quality feel to them and they do fit the handguard well, hopefully I wont need to test them

13. Make sure your steering lock still works. Once you adjust the lock stops the lock may no longer engage.

14. yup already thought of that, even at max adjustment theres still plenty of scope for the steering lock to work ta :upyeah:;)

15. I had the these R&G bar ends but removed them for the barkbusters which give better protection of the hand guard and inducators which are made of cardboard

• Like Like x 1
  16. :cool: I prefer to use R&G stuff whenever possible and have always found it to be great in terms of fit and from my own personal experience when required (Nuff said), they've paid for themselves....handsomely :expressionless:

17. I must admit, I like R&G kit too. They saved my bike a couple of years back when a fully loaded Multi and two bods fell on top of me while waiting for a ferry :D Well, R&G's and my buddy's Guzzi which we all fell on to saved me :D :D :D

18. Greetings , those of you that have installed Barkbusters, and "accidentally" tested/used them, do you feel like you need crash bars also ? Or did the barkbusters provide enough distance / protection so that no body parts were in contact with the ground and messed up?
    I find most of the "crash bars" out there to be pretty industrial and ugly looking , and usually mounted on enduro/ dual sport bikes ...being a "senior citizen" these days I don't plan on venturing into the "agricultural zone" anymore , at least not on purpose ...but I have lost my footing or balance have dropped a couple bikes from a standstill over the years ...guess I'm wondering if all the crashbar set ups are worth the extra bucks, for a simple spill ? or will the bark busters suffice
    Here's a set I did find that is more expensive than most but looked the most "sanitary" to me anyway

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...ducati-multistrada-1200-s-2015-2017?rrec=true

cheers, thanks in advance

19. I have BB with the R&G crash bungs. Saved mine from damage when some turd pushed the bike over.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information