1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Base Model / Non-s Brake Pad Replacement

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bandit, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Hi everyone looking for advice on quite confusing / contradicting info on aftermarket brake pads for the base Mutley DVT. Can anyone advice. Coming up to 9k miles and rear pads getting down
    Are ebc FA181HH the same size?
    Any info on the front pads?
    Between the forums ebc ebay and the Web at large many different options shown for the dvt base & s models.
    Tia

2. The Brembo site configurator will give you the correct info (not for EBC obviously, but at least you should be able to see what it looks like!!)
    http://www.moto.brembo.com/en

3. Ta Twin4me but wanting EBC pads not brembo pads. Anyone else help ut please?

4. I went to order some new EBC HH front pads (2015 1200S DVT) yesterday and found that I was also getting different reference numbers
    I ended up at the EBC website which quotes FA447HH for the front and FA181HH for the rear - frustratingly the link they have on their site to a UK distributor didn't work so I went to Wemoto and ordered some FA447HH's from them
    I'm planning to fit them Saturday morning so I'll let you know then whether they are the right ones or not. (You'll probably be able to hear the swearing coming from my garage if they don't fit)

https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/motorcycle/ducati/1200-s-multistrada-dvt/2015-2017/49106

• Like Like x 2
  5. Get Brembo Z04 pads for M50 or M4 you will not go back to other brake pads

6. "Get Brembo Z04 pads for M50 or M4 you will not go back to other brake pads"

I'm no expert on Brembo pads but a quick google search suggests that the Z04's are race only pads, require an M4 monobloc race caliper and cost £250 for two pairs.

If that is the case - an I'm happy to be corrected - it seems like an expensive way to go to improve what I reckon are pretty good brakes to start with.

My EBC's arrived today - great service as usual from wemoto - shall try them for size tonight and report back

#6 Jackstraw, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  7. I used Busters and ordered some EBC sintered pads FA181HH (for the rear base model mutley dvt caliper). They were delivered quickly and only. .... £11..... sorry £11.01 posted to my front door! Unbelievable value. Busters Part no 537581 incase anyone want a set!

8. Anyone know where the larger of the two leaf springs sits in the mts 1200 dvt rear brembo caliper? The longer was covered in crud and it came out after removing the old pads. On cleaning it there a tiny triangle arrow (▶) embossed in it ....but not sure if it goes up or down.

It's component no 30 in the link

https://www.bike-parts-ducati.com/d...0/Multistrada-1200/REAR-BRAKE-SYSTEM/8/31/0/8

Thanks for any advice.

9. Sorted now after much a do about calipers

10. Sorted now after much a do about calipers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information