1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Base Ohlin Settings To Get Me Started.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Bo01691, Feb 6, 2018.

1. I bought my Ohlin equipped 899 late last year and I’m looking for some compression and rebound settings as a base to get me started for bumpy Welsh road use. NIX30 cartridges in the front and a TTX GP rear shock. I’ve set the front and rear sag and I’m approx 85kg with my riding gear on. Currently waiting impatiently for some decent weather to get out and ride it!

2. Turn the reverse damping upto 12 and the inverse adaptation rhubarb down to about 3.2. If it still goes red you wanna try using less chives.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Why you posting nonsense in this nice man’s thread? You didn’t even mention the rhubarbs.

4. Tricky one if you have no starting point, personally I would go with mid-way point on Compression and Rebound and go from there, but can only suggest getting to a professional to get a set up donw as soon as you can.

My Ohlins kit on my 675r, if you had the rebound set too far down made the bike feel like it had flat tyres, the most surreal feeling, so look out for that, also with too little compression damping it won't feel soft I don't think, as the fork speed gets too fast and it feels 'crashy'.

5. I have the NIX 30 and TTX on a 959. I can give you the Ohlins recommended settings from the ohlins technician (I’m 90kg in all my gear).

NIX30- comp 12, reb 12, preload 6. That is with a 10N/mm spring and 160mm oil level.

TTX- comp 16, reb 19, preload 17mm. That is with a 80N/mm spring and 312mm shock length.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Ohlins - he needed an s dude :rolleyes:

7. Just what I’m after, thanks @Jolley :), although there’s no mention of how to adjust the rhubarb and chive setting or where to find the missing ‘S’ :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. See post #3 :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. No problem. I haven’t tried mine yet! The chap who did mine (JWR) has worked for öhlins at BSB for a few years and worked for the HRC WSB team before that. He said there shouldn’t be much need to move away from those settings.

• Like Like x 1
  10. James (JWR) is one of the nicest guys I know. Really knows his stuff and the only person I let loose with my bikes suspenders!

11. James (JWR) is one of the nicest guys I know. Really knows his stuff and the only person I let loose with my bikes suspenders!

12. Is that a mid setting?

13. No its the rhubarb and chive special setting. If its a bit mushy a thick custard helps.

14. I couldn’t tell you for sure, but those should be track settings.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information