1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Base Vs S

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by flatstick959, Jun 27, 2019.

1. While I agree that the Ohlins electronic setup on the S is going to be better (although I’ve not experienced it) it’s not like the suspension on the base model is bad at all, the Showa forks are really good in my opinion-in fact I prefer them to the older style Ohlins that were on my RSV4 Factory, agree about the rear shock being very hard though, I’ve just gotten used to it.

2. The rear shock from factory really needs the sag setting up, mine only had 7mm of static sag. Set it up for static and rider sag and the bike behaves much better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I need to do this. Bike sometimes gets a bit bouncy on the gas on corner exits. I don’t need to roll off but it definitely seems to fight itself a bit....

• Like Like x 1
  4. 848/1098/1198s also came out the factory set way too hard. US market?
    Easy enough to back off and probably improve the stock/cheap unit.

5. It makes a huge difference to the way the bike reacts, allowing the rear to squat a little and not throwing you out of the seat. It should be the first thing everyone does to their bike imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information