1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery Charger And Lead

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by BadBoyR, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Looking to purchase a charger non OEM and wanted to know what lead is required to connect to the feed under the seat?

2. Most come with the charger I think. My Oxford charger included the lead which you just screw onto the terminals, then leave it tucked into the fairing & plug it in when it’s garaged.

3. You need the OptiMate TecMate Cable O-47 but depending on your charger you may also need this adapter like I did to convert it to an SAE fitting.

4. All my bikes have leads that came with the charger fitted that are wired direct to the battery. The socket under the seat if it is like mine, you may have to make up yourself - quite easy. But is it live with the ignition off? Must admit that I have never investigated although I do use it for my phone.

5. Yes, it is live all the time.

6. Thanks guys, seems either take the fairing off and connect direct or pay over the odds for under the seat.

As I don't have a charger the oem one seems the least hassle.

7. CTEK MXS3.8 7 step charger which will charge everything on all bikes and most cars (up to 130ah) blurb online says 85ah and maintains 130ah but the manual confirms 130ah. I have four of them and they're ace, need more really. These do lead acid in all forms, and they do a Lithium Ion charger.
    Leads come with them, and you can buy extenders, the charger can fix to the wall or you can buy rubber bumpers if loose, croc clips also incl. (12v)

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. It’s simple really See above

9. Did you remove the fairing?

10. Only the left hand side panel to gain access to the battery terminals The lead that came with the charger simply screwed onto the battery terminals and tucks it self away in the fairing when not in use. Whole thing took about 10 minutes I guess

11. My Ctek MXS 3.8 arrived today, will try to fit it this weekend inbetween my bike lessons.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information