1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Battery Charger

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Daz67, May 22, 2020.

1. The battery charger the dealership supplied is not the original one for a panigale r
    Is the original ones any good , I like the thought of plugging into the area under the seat any advice welcome or anyone got one for sale ,
    Cheers

2. Optimate 1. Cheap as chips, does lead acid and lithium batteries. Plugs in under the seat. Job jobbed.
    If you are flush, Optimate 4 (li version) but it’s just got a few more lights.

3. Does go into the existing plug located under the rear cowl

4. Yes optimate sell a specific Ducati lead to facilitate this.
    Part O47

5. Never had a problem with original battery/standard charger combo. Had my current R just over 4yrs now.
    It has spent 95% of its life as a track slag, so has never had regular or long rides out. Has just been trickled once a month
    regardless of what was going on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The charger that comes with them is a SkyRich one iirc. Mine did anyway.

I have it in a box somewhere as I use CTek LiPo chargers for my lithium battery bikes.

Whatever you do, make sure you use a charger that does not have a "desulphating" mode.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FYI
    Not the original Optimate, just the new Duo range. :bucktooth: :upyeah:

8. Dirty DC.... that desulphating mode

9. I’m at odds with most on using the DDA socket for charging, it is something I am just not comfortable with. Using it as a charging point was not its primary function, just happenstance. All my battery charging leads are attached to the battery terminals and in the case of the Diavel, the charging pigtail is used to power the sat nav mount as I couldn’t be arsed to find a switched live feed in the loom. I’m currently using a Genius 3500, which covers all variants of battery for motorcycle and car. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. They gave me a skyrich charger but it only has the crocodile clips in it , I should give the dealer a ring

11. No, the Skyrich doesn’t come with a charging pigtail. That has to be bought separately and I believe there was a Ducati part number to go with the charger as a kit. The biggest problem I had with both my Skyrich chargers was the supplied plug adaptor. Cheap jack shit Taiwanese copy that was a fatality just waiting to happen. I replaced the two pin, mains lead supplied on both mine with a moulded UK three pin plug lead. Andy

12. I think I have an original Ducati charger for your bike but would have to check

13. That would be great Dave if you could ha e a look
    Cheers

14. Optimate 4 here and seems to work well enough. I'm a bit old-school and use the crocodile clips directly to the battery. Just an excuse to get the Allen keys out and fettle.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information