1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery Charging

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by PerryL, Feb 23, 2020.

1. No that is the problem. I got nothing else here.

2. Just seen one of these for sale on Ebay... you should get one.
    It's got the same chance as you of "recovering" that battery.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I've not received my Halfords card!

4. Disconnect all bike leads from bike battery protecting ECU & wiring. Using car jump leads connect negative first. Then from car battery (not running engine) slap the positive terminal onto the bike battery for 10 seconds. Test voltage & then remove all leads & add your new spiffy charger.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 5...4....3....2....1.....
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. So this Noco Genius charger tries and fails to recover the battery. Even with my standard charger connected as well to get the thing started at recovery, I only end up with a max of one light lit.
    I haven't got a car any more and no spare batteries - plus the bike is not ready to start yet because I was in the middle of a valve clearance check when this all started over a year ago.
    So, the battery may well be scrap (I can't ride the bike anyway but can finish off the valve check- which I should do now).
    Anyone got any final (the battery may be scrap anyway) last methods to try? I've had this ST2 for about 5 years (even been to France on it!) but I've never needed to replace the battery. The bike is 1999 but the battery is not the original. I've no idea how old it is.
    Replacement batteries look to be about £50.

7. 5 years and not driven regularly ?
    I'd say you've had your money's worth from that one !

It must surely be for the bin now .... if so , post a picture of the battery
    .... with a bin in the background ..... :)

8. But I'm not allowed to bin it! I'm supposed to be responsible!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. This thread is brilliant! I have never seen a dead horse so thoroughly flogged.

10. My fault .... I shouldn't have mentioned bins
    .... :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Yeah, it's a bit pervy here but whatever floats your boat!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information