1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Battery Recommendation For 749 R

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Jet Black, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Hi folks - can you please recommend a very good quality battery for my 749 R

Many thanks

2. While the luddites are still on their way with their Yuasa steam locomotive my recommendation is any modern LiFePO4 battery with an integrated BMS. Lightweight, huge CCA.

I ran a Shorai for 5 years (no onboard BMS) and then switched to a Fulbat. Running another Fulbat on my Hypermotard now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Luddite here... Yuasa always works for me!

4. A good quality AGM lead acid chemistry battery is less affected by periods of inactivity than a lithium chemistry battery. Yes LiPo/LiFe deliver higher CCA (cold cranking amps) but they struggle to deliver the increased CCA if the overnight ambient temperature has been chilly. Charging voltage for a lithium chemistry battery must not exceed 14.9V, the battery charge must not fall below 11.7 volts or you risk failure and lithium chemistry batteries do not like a steady current drain from something like a tracker or aftermarket alarm. My Panigale V4 came with a LiFe battery, it has a tracker and I’ve used a good quality specific battery maintainer for 3 years without issue. My Multistrada has a Yuasa AGM lead acid battery, no issues and by no means out performed by the lithium battery. If you are happy to spend the increased retail price and buy a decent battery maintainer, no reason not to go lithium. If you leave the bike for long periods without a maintainer fitted, I’d disconnect a lithium or buy an AGM. Andy

5. Motobatt have proved themselves to be very good for me over the years.

6. cheers guys!

7. I leave my pani r lithium battery on charge all the time due to ecu drians ect

8. ended up going for Yuasa, that was the quickest battery I could get from Halfords :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. LiFePo4 all the time for me. Takes 5 minutes to charge it up. It’s light and will take many more charging cycles.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information