1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Beautiful But Worrying Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Desmo Jim, Mar 20, 2021.

1. If it was a 3rd party supplier you have to ask how stringent the quality assurance systems are?
    You’d (Ducati) take a sample of each batch supplied surely?

2. Coming from manufacturing (office equipment so may be different), about 20 yrs ago a few parts from a 3rd party batch would be tested in house. The batch would be held until a successful test. Then it became the mfr was expected to test, many times they designed the minimal test. Sometimes at the mfr site it was only a check of part numbers of the batch to shipping p/n were correct especially in china.
    A friend that worked at ford was in quality inspection. They rejected a large lot of camshafts due to surface hardness on Friday. The manufacturing mgr complained because his line was working Saturday. When the quality people came in Monday all the held parts were gone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I was at Duc Leeds today for 1200 service and V4 test ride. Wasn't allowed to ride the bike, they said they were "quarantined".

Chatted with mechanic about it all briefly, he said mainland European dealers are sending the bikes back for engine replacement, for UK Ducati are sending complete engines to dealers for swapping out. 16 hour job, and Leeds have 20 to do!

Also met an owner who had just turned up for his first service and just found out about the problem. He rode away after we chatted so the dealers didn't actually take it off him and give him something else to ride.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Out of every bad situation a good one always arises. So hopefully the cure has been found and the affected owners will be suitably recompensed. Also , crucially, let’s hope that a lesson has been learned so this will not happen again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. By the time they’ve done half a dozen I recon they’ll get that down to <8hrs, still book 16 on the warranty form though ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I rang Duc Leeds last Friday to find out if my bike was effected, was told a new engine was coming from Ducati and it was a couple of days job. Was told you can’t have a loan bike because we don’t have one and if we did you won’t get your compensation. Since I got the bike in January there has been no phone calls asking how the new bike was nothing I’ve not done much riding because of COVID-19 but come on there customer care seems 0. I had to ring them about the recall not them telling me is that ok ? Should have maybe kept the GSA.

7. That's awful, have you spoken to the manager ? If they still continue with this ask for a full refund due to defective goods and then watch them backtrack at a rate of knots!! Don't sit and take this shit from them.

8. Like I’ve mentioned here/elsewhere/oh I can’t remember, a customer experience of a brand starts at the dealer and no matter what issues you have with the product itself much of your (dis)satisfaction lays at their door and not the manufacturer?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I was there Monday and Tuesday for a service on my 1200 (was supposed to be getting a V4 for test ride but couldn't due to engine problem). No problem with the service, all good, and they leant me a Triumph scrambler for the day, but it did all seem a bit frantic there, not sure why, seemed to be plenty of staff.

Not phoning you up about the recall is inexcusable though.

10. I had my 1200s DVT in for a service on tuesday, no comment from any of the staff, very tight lipped

• Like Like x 1
  11. Finally got an email from Ducati telling me what already knew. Just have to wait for the phone call telling me the replacement engine is ready to fit. Just have to see what to have fitted with the €1500 they are offering. Wonder if they will charge for fitting, probably. Must remember not to ride the bike, unless I’m riding back to the dealership to get fixed, real class.

12. Quarantined, lol. That must have meant it got pinged by the NHS app

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information