1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Because We Can Sir

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by outintheopen, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Just pointing out the truth. Boris and Reese Mogg will not suffer as they have so much money that nothing will affect them.
    So many people moaning about stuff should realise that this is democracy in action.

2. The truth, better out than in :blush::upyeah:

3. The bulk of Porsche buyers are probably remoaners so fuck em if they have to pay more for the penis extension..
    They are the ones that have fucked the whole gig up...
    The UK should give a warning to Porsche....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Italian government said last week it would try to work a trade deal with UK
    mike

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Still didn’t why Porsche are putting 10% on their cars because we’re leaving the EU ?

6. Because they can. Being part of the EU the rules say that they must charge the same price throughout the EU, when you leave they can do what they want.

7. So increasing their price “because they can” will increase their sales then :confused:

8. Never said it would.

9. Right, so what's the point then ?

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Have none of you guys actually read the Porsche statement??

They are NOT warning of a price increase, they are warning that after Brexit there may be a 10% tariff applied to imports of their cars.

Not sure exactly where that money goes but I presume HMRC. It definitely does not go to Porsche!!!!

11. Surely the answer is to by a proper, decent supercar rather than a Porsche?

Mind you, that would be true with or without the tariff issue.

Meh. Carry on.

12. slightly connected - very slightly

Big news in Swindon is the closure of the Honda factory. Despite the press trying to link it with Brexit, Honda say it has got nothing to do with it and they are just reflecting the changing car market.

I wonder if it has more to do with the trade deal that has come into force between Japan and the EU. The effect is that Honda need not build cars in the EU. They can make them in Japan.

If it is down to the trade deal, then does this show that,superficially, trade deals can be bad for local jobs? And hasn't that been a side effect of us being in the EU. Stuff can be made in cheaper Eastern European countries rather than in the UK - or if in the UK, with cheap foreign labour.

If this is correct, then the effect for a relatively expensive country like the UK, is that trade deals - and the EU is just a big trade deal - are bad for UK jobs. Or it could be that I don't get it, but it seems a big coincidence that Honda announce the closure of their UK factory so soon after the trade deal is agreed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. If Honda were to announce that it was due to Brexit then they would piss off lots of potential Honda buyers in the UK, about 52% of them.
    The trade deal means that Japanese produced Hondas no longer have a 10% tariff slapped on the price, therefore a price drop i the EU. After Brexit UK built Hondas will go up by 10% in the EU, a price rise.
    That seems to be part due to Brexit if you ask me.
    I don't think that trade deals are bad for local jobs, but local workers who vote to put their countries trade at risk are.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. But you’ve said it yourself, the trade deal
    means Hondas from Japan are cheaper than those built it the EU. So it is bad for local jobs from the EU point of view.

15. No it means that Hondas built in Japan are the same price as those built in the EU, they were 10% more expensive with the tariff, before the trade deal between the EU and Japan.
    As the UK is leaving the EU then UK built ones will be 10% more expensive than those built in the EU (but there won't be any), and 10% more expensive than those from Japan sold within the EU. The last bit is the 10% tariff caused by brexit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. However you look at it the trade deal is bad for the uk

17. Only because of Brexit, but you lot voted for it so accept the consequences. Honda, Nissan, Airbus, many banks etc, it is what the majority of the British people want.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  18. I voted so that you would come back home, Bob. Because of Brexit.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Not only because of brexit.

Honda say it’s not a factor ( I’m not convinced of that) but it’s because of the trade deal as well. Without the trade deal they may as well have stayed in the uk

20. I wonder how many cars we buy from the EU - oh, and well done with your childish economics :):upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information